This is a short review initially and will be followed up with a longer more comprehensive review in a few weeks.
My wife and I are both senior professionals in our early 30's who live a very hectic at home and our holidays are extremely important to give some balance to our lives. We have travelled extensively and frequently stay at 5* resorts around the globe.
To this effect i cannot understand the negative reviews to this wonderful resort. All I can attribute this too is a simple lack of intelligence and the fact that some people just like to moan.
Let me get this straight:
There is not a 2 mile walk from the french resort to the Restaurants
During our stay the longest wait we heard of was 1 hour - and guess what - if you go on day 1 and you have an hour wait - then engage the greay matter and put your name down the next day an hour earlier - this really is not rocket science.
If you want to ber able to book your restaurant then pay extra and go concierge - Everyone is made aware of the set up prior to arriving - so if this matters to you PAY THE EXTRA - do not wait until you arrive and then spend the entire time complaining and kicking upa fuss- being rude to the staff - whilst this is amusing for the rst of us - it really is unnecessary. This point is especially pertinant to our cousins from across the pond - who harkon about capitalism but seem to actually prfer a communist environment where everyone is equal regardless of how much they have paid. To rectify this simply put your hands in your pocket before arriving or better still listen to the travel agent when she is explaining matters.
My wife and i thought the food was of anexcellent quality - especially at Elanoars and the asian restaurant - really top drawer. Portions were small,but you could order asmuch as you liked - so double up if there is not enough.
The beach is simply breath taking - beautiful - and this is an incredibly relaxing and romantic resort. I hadnoproblemgetting reservations each night as I paid for a consierge room - and I used to request a table by the entrance each night so I could enjoy the nightly entertainment of watching the brainless herd attempt to argue and rude their way into restaurants each night - this really was great fun.
People really should learn to chill out - You are paying for a holiday not the right to be rude to the staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica