My husband and I are both 25 years old, and we had our honeymoon at Sandals Whitehouse Sept 18-Sept. 25. We had an absolutely fabulous time! I can not say enough good things about this resort and the people running it.
Ride to resort - We didn't feel that the ride from the airport was nearly as bad as the impression we got from other reviews. Since we have never been to Jamaica before, it was very interesting to see the land and the way of life here. They do drive a little crazy, but it was all just a part of the Jamaican experience. We didn't mind the ride to and from the resort at all, although the ride from from the resort was a little sad because it was taking us away from paradise.
Room - We had a concierge room in the Italian village on the third floor, which was absolutely beautiful! We had a fully stocked bar which was re-stocked every day, and we had a beautiful view of the ocean from our patio. They also came and turned down our beds every evening, which was a nice touch, but we didn't feel it was necessary.
Food - We enjoyed all the restaurants. Our favorite was Jasmine's. We also loved, loved, loved the cafe! It was so nice to be able to go in anytime and satisfy your sweet tooth. You must ask for a crepe. They make it fresh while you wait with the filling of your choice. Yummy! The beach barbecue is a lot of fun and the midnight chocolate buffet was worth waiting up for.
Pools and beach - The pools are very nice. We spent most of our time just floating around in the main pool and sipping on our drinks. Talk about relaxation! The swim-up bar is the best part because you don't even have to get out of the pool. The beach is beautiful. There is tons of beach chairs. The water is crystal clear. My husband and I spent a lot of our time just snorkeling in front of the resort. We saw tons of star fish, congos and puffer fish while doing this. We got bit by the sand fleas, but what are you going to do. It happens! Since it was their rainy season, it rained every day around 2pm, but we would just go back to our room and shower and get dressed for our evening.
Activities - There is a ton of activities going on all day. I got resort certified and went scuba diving. I have never done this before so it was a great experience for me, but others were saying that there wasn't as much sea life as other places. Some people in our group saw a big sting ray. We also went out on the hobie cat, which was fun. They also have sailing, kayaking and water skiing. We didn't do any of the tours that they offer.
The people working at the resort really made our vacation extra special. I really can not say enough about the people working here. Any time you passed a worker as you were walking, they always made a point to say hello. The bartenders at the martini bar were our favorite. We sat up there one night and learned alot from them about the Jamaican culture. They had a lot of great stories to tell.
My only con is that we didn't have a chance to get many souvenirs. The resort has outside vendors come in once a week to sell their crafts, but we didn't realize that they came only once, so we didn't buy much while they were there. If you don't leave the resort, the gift shop has souvenirs, but they are very pricey.
Overall, our trip was wonderful and we would go back in a heartbeat. Please feel free to email me with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica