We stayed at SW for five days during a three week trip to Jamaica where we took in Sandals Royal Caribbean and also Grande Ocho Rios.
Sandals Whitehouse, you either love it or hate it. I hated the so called Mediteranean Village, looked much more like a Wimpy housing estate by the sea.
Sure, the beach is stunning.. thats a positive.
The Butlers were beyond atrocious. We felt we had a part time Butler service which was totally impersonal and absolutely nothing like the fantastic Butlers we experienced at Royal Caribbean.
We stayed in a Butler suite, it was "ok", nice room, but no character and for the money, would choose another sandals resort.
Staff at Arizonas were lovely, just a shame about the "Alfred Hitchcock" level of bird actvity. If you have a phobia about birds, do NOT go to this resort, I could not eat at all at the beachgrill and could only do so at Arizonas as the staff helped chase the birds away. People who are not frightened of birds will not understand this, but anyone who is WILL! I have stayed at loads of caribeban resorts, but the bird activity here is really bad.
The food was good, but still served cold at times.
Breakfast by the Butlers was hopeless.
Do NOT under any circumstances pre tip the Butlers..wait until the end of your vacation.. we were fooled easily!
Entertainment..pretty useless.. they have an ampitheatre style entertainment, they didnt have the romantic intimacy experienced at SRC where you have lovely musicians whilst you dine.
Too impersonal and fake for us. I am sure many love it, but wasnt our cup of tea..and THAT village..it sure does not look anything remotely like Holland, Italy or France!
Wont return to this one..
OH..and finally, it is a strong possibility our credit card details were stolen and copied from here so be warned... watch your credit card statements..do not let that card out of your sight when they take an imprint. Ours still under investigation but SW is one of the two only suspects!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Prestigia so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica