“As always: unbelievable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White House
alberta
“As always: unbelievable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

This was our 5th trip to Whitehouse but the first time at New Years. Our family had heard us talk so much about Whitehouse and did not appear to believe everything we told them, so we decided to take them with us and they could see for themselves. They were, and still are, even after 3 weeks back, still in awe. As always the Staff was outstanding, going over and above their usual fantastic service. The New Years evening event was a sight to behold and very wel organized. The food was great and yes, sometimes you come across a menu item that doesn't quite work for you but how is that different from going to a restauraunt at home home and having someting there that you did not quite enjoy. The ride from the airport: it is what it is and anyone living in a cold climate, where you get a freeze and thaw cycle knows that the roads at home under those circumstances are just as bad. We have travelled that road at least 16 times and the drivers have always gotten us to our destination safe. I am pretty sure that they also have families that they would like to come home to again every evening in 1 piece. So sit back and enjoy the sights on your ride to Whitehouse

Al in all, as the saying goes: once you have been to Jamaica, you know and we are looking forward to being back in a couple of weeks

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank keesmarg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,027)
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

My boyfriend and I went to Sandals Whitehouse in November 2010 for a week and it exceeded our expectations! This was my first all inclusive vacation and we will definitely be booking with Sandals again. The resort was stunning and large, the grounds were well maintained, the staff were extremely friendly, polite, entertaining and accomodating and the food was amazing (my favourites were Neptune's: steak & seafood and Jasmine's: Asian cuisine) and there's no need to book reservations at any of the a la cartes. Our room was very pretty, comfortable and always clean. There was always some sort of fun activity going on during the day and they had nightly entertainment at the ampitheatre and/or beach parties. The beach was beautiful, gorgeous sunsets, 3 pools with 2 pool bars (where we spent most of our time) and we took a few free tours (glass bottom boat & snorkeling) worth doing, but you must book it early in the morning. The only downfall is that the resort is over an hour away from the airport and the bus ride was a bit rough, however you get to see alot of Jamaica along the way which was nice. I also found the spa staff to be a bit pushy, but if you tell them you already booked your massage, they will leave you alone. We also did a day trip: boat ride on the black river, YS Falls and the Appleton Rum factory tour. It was a long day, but worth seeing. Overall, our vacation was amazing, relaxing and romantic! Would go back in the future!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa_fdangelo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

My Husband and I just returned last night from a week long honeymoon stay at the Sandals Whitehouse and we are beaming with great memories from this Utopian resort. You will not regret booking a vacation here whether its to get away from the everyday and to treat yourself to a great week in a beautiful setting, or you're seeking a romantic getaway. The staff are exceptionally customer service oriented and make you feel like no matter what your request, it can be accommodated and they always address you with respect and enthusiasm. This resort has an exceptionally hard working group of people on its staff and to me, that's priceless. The food is really good, has you wanting more ranging from traditional Jamaican food, to Italian, Chinese, a great French Bakery, you will not leave hungry, heavier, but not hungry! We felt like royalty here and yet the friendliness of the staff and other guests, made us feel right at home too! It is a bit pricy, but you still leaving feeling like you snagged a deal given the high quality service, ease of vacation and piece of mind knowing that all your needs and wants are taken care of. This was the perfect honeymoon destination for us and we'd go back in a heartbeat...if we could afford it :(

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

I've been to three other "3-star" resorts in the past, because that's what I could afford! For our honeymoon we decided to spend a little more. The difference I found was in the quality of food and the incredible size and upkeep of the grounds. I wanted a resort that I wouldn't feel "closed in". The resort was HUGE! We could walk for a good hour just to see everthing. The beach was 2 miles long...all for the Sandal's folks! AND...there were 700 guests there...we barely felt like there were 100 of us! The food was also delicious. I felt like we were dining gourmet EVERY NIGHT.
There were three pools...which was nice for variety! We stuck by the French pool for the service from ANTHONY at the bar and for the pool volleyball.
The beach was also incredible. I just loved the salt water. But I did have to swim with some fish! (Which freaks me out a little! LOL)
I was also happy that we spent that little extra on a main floor walk-out. We didn't have to fuss with stairs or elevators. And each room comes with a free safe so we put all of our valuables there and left the patio door unlocked all day. (Hey...if someone was that desparate to steal my pants then obviously they need them more than I do...so by all means take my pants!). AND I was very impressed that the room got cleaned TWICE a day - so the room was spotless and our fridge was always stocked up with water, juice and pop.
Overall it was a very relaxing and slow paced vacation. But beware when I say "SLOW PACED". It took me a couple of days to train myself to slow down and be patient. I.e. the sit down dinners were three courses and took a while between each course...that was hard because we are just used to sitting and eating. But we got used to it.
The staff were just OK. I was quite disappointed with management, actually! One of the managers was getting upset at two staff members...right there on the grounds! Not very professional to do that in front of guests. I found that the staff didn't really go the extra mile. One of them (CHRISTIAN!) did - he was funny and chatted with us. But all of the other resort staff would really only talk to you if you talked to them! That was something I wasn't impressed with.
Everyone writes about the drive to the resort...yeah it's about 90 minutes to two hours (depending on if you get stuck behind a sugar cane truck). BUT you see the sites of Jamaica and beautiful mountains and greenery. It really wasn't so bad. AND it meant that you were out of the way of the airport and hustle and bustle of things.
Overall, it was a beautiful trip. Don't pack very much...you are in a bathing suit all day and then just plan to dress up nice at night for the ala cart dinners. Bring something WHITE to wear for Wednesday night and try to visit each restaurant once for dinner.
ALSO for shopping...we found that the prices at the resort shop were CHEAPER than at the airport.

1 Thank diandjer
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

We first stayed at Sandals Whitehouse for our honeymoon in December 2006. We decided to return for our Anniversary in December 2010. The first time we stayed at Whitehouse, we had a truly wonderful time. The food, beach, room, and service was first-rate. The second time around, I would say that is it still a good resort--but with a few differences.

THE INFAMOUS RIDE-I remember very vividly the wild ride from the airport the first time, so I came prepared with Bonine. My husband convinced me to only take half a dose as he didn't want me to be drowsy. We had the BEST driver on the way to Whitehouse and I never felt carsick. Although the roads were still in terrible shape, he did a great job. The way BACK to the airport was another story. I opted to forego the motion sickness pill and our driver was terrible. He drove very fast, kept his foot on the brake and really scared the whole van of us! If you get carsick, take something!! You never know what kind of driver you'll get. :)
GROUNDS-The grounds and main areas of the resort are still as beautiful as four years ago. Well manicured, clean, and very attractive.
THE BEACH-No complaints on the beach. Still a nice beach to relax on. Also, because of Whitehouse's location, you aren't hassled by random people selling things on the beach. However, each day I was approached without fail by photo and spa staff. A little overbearing while we were laying on our chairs.
ROOMS-We had the basic "deluxe ocean view room". When we booked the trip, we were assigned to the French Village, which is where we stayed on our honeymoon. Once we arrived at the resort, we were "upgraded" to a "nicer" room in the Italian Village. There was definitely NO WAY the room could have been an upgrade. Still, the room was fine and being at the Italian Village puts you a lot closer to the main area of the resort.
RESTAURANTS-We took a very short trip, so we did not get a chance to eat at all the restaurants. We did eat at: Eleanor's, Jasmine's, and Guiseppes. Unfourtuntely, ALL of our meals at supper was just average. I really didn't eat anything that I could deem delicious. The lunches at the restaurant by the French pool were by far the best we had. I must say that both times at Whitehouse we really enjoyed going to the pastry shop and the Martini Bar. The pastry shop has some really delicious things!
STAFF-I think that the staff were the biggest disappointment this time around. Four years ago, the resort was fairly new and we really remembered the service being EXCELLENT. This time, there really was no one in particular on the staff who did a great job. It seems like they have gotten a bit lazy.

Overall, we DID have a good time and enjoyed going back to the place we spent our honeymoon. We both decided that it was our last trip to Whitehouse. It was just not up to par with some of the places we have stayed recently. If you are contemplating this resort and it will be the nicest one you've ever been to, I would recommend it. However, if the Four Seasons and Ritz are some of your favorites, Whitehouse will be a disappointment.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Central New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

Just spent 5 days here for the first time with my wife of 15 years. This an immaculate resort from top to bottom - the buildings, the grounds, the beaches - everything was clean and well-manicured. The beaches were gorgeous with plenty of space. The restaurants were delicious with nice choices ranging from casual to formal. The rooms were nice, but not over the top. The pools were lively with plenty of towels and alcohol! Service was unparalleled - everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Our only complaint (and we consider this minor) was that our room was a little bit musty. It wasn't that strong though and we expected it in the islands.

Some people complained about the 90 minute ride to the resort from Montego Bay, but we thought it was a beautiful and enlightening ride through the heart of Jamaica. No problem, mon!

All the restuarants were good, although Jasmine's was the least impressive.

Can't say enough good things about this resort - it's worth the money, worth the drive from the airport, and worth whatever it takes to get there. Thank you, Sandals!

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2011

Looking for great ala cart dinning, Sandals Whitehouse has it.
Looking for a beautiful 2 mile long beach, Sandals Whitehouse has it.
Looking for exciting evening entertainment, Sandals Whitehouse has it.
Looking for friendly, helpful,happy staff, Sandals Whitehouse has it.
Basically Sandals Whitehouse has it all!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near White House
Sandals Montego Bay
#9 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,154 reviews
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Sandals South Coast? Share your experiences!