“yummy!”

Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2013

simply the best food excellently prepared. Comprehensive menu with a choice for everyone. Great quality, friendly and personal service in an interesting location.

There are newer reviews for O'Callaghan-Walshe

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We have dined many times here, mainly for dinner. It is a fantastic seafood restaurant. The fish is cooked simply but to perfection! While a seafood restaurant, the beef is also wonderful.

O'Callaghan Walshe is my favourite restaurant and my preferred place to dine with friends. It has a very relaxed atmosphere, great service and an excellent menu selection.

More recently, and during the summer months, O'Callaghan Walshe has opened for lunch. It is a simple menu but great value. Recently we had lunch for five with some desserts, coffees etc. all for under €70. The open prawn sandwich, moule frites and more were on offer.

This is a hidden gem in the heart of West Cork. My top tip here is Zabaglione for dessert!!!

2  Thank GHBusinessTraveller
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Fab fresh wild Hake and tasty "West Cork" Rib eye with freshly made fish cake for starter. Really good sauces - not overpowering. We were really blown away by the quality of the food and the service. Highly Recommended. Under €70 including 3 glasses of excellent house wines.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

I was deighted to be invited to Dinner in O'Callaghan Walshes tonight. Having not been there in awhile I had forgotten how good the food is. My Son and myself had a truly delicious meal. Great freshly cooked ingrediants. My steak was so succulant and juicy, not dried out at all, fab fresh veg, and a marvelious selection, while my Son had Roasted Cod, cooked to perfection. Great athmosphere, and Sean the owner is a quaint Gentleman, very friendly and aims to please. Situated in the Square in Roscarberry, it is very convenient, nicely oldfashioned with a fab photo of Sean's Parents on their Wedding Day. And food so superb I immediatley made another booking for next week for my Husband as a treat, but in all honest a treat for myself. If nearby don't pass it by, as it is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

The food is great and so too is the service. It's in an old Shop and the looks is great. Loved the rustic atmosphere. Will be back !