“Very nice but requires some organising”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Celtic Ross Hotel

Celtic Ross Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rosscarbery
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Very nice but requires some organising”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have just spent 5-days at this Hotel on a coach trip and although it was very nice and comfortable and in an enviable position, at breakfast it does need some reorganising. I went to get porridge and it was at the back of hot containers containing cooked foods, also I had to go to the other room to get a bowl and also for jam etc., Why not put all breakfast items in the same ropom. Also one lady burnt her arm getting at the porridge.
The village of Roscarberry is very nice and peaceful. I would certainly go back to this hotel.
It is also in a good position for exploring.

Room Tip: I had a room at the back overlooking the Spa Roof! It was however very quiet which is what I liked.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mave38

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
southam Warwickshire UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Have just spent five days at this lovely hotel overlooking Rosscarbery Bay. A perfect base for exploring West Cork, but tucked away in a quiet backwater.
The hotel was spacious, clean, the meals were good, the portions at times too much!
The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to accommodate requests. One night we asked for chips instead of mashed potato, and ended up with servings of both....
It has a good leisure centre with pool, sauna, gym etc., You can walk for miles around the Lough and coastal paths.
There was entertainment on several nights, plus a concert by a local choir.
As I said a perfect base to explore this part of Ireland and one you would want to return to!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Christine J
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed here just a week ago for the first time and was very impressed. The personal touch reigns supreme here and that is not only unusual but very nice. The restaurant and reception staff were particularly to be praised - the attention to detail and helpfulness put this hotel a large cut above most others in the area. It is on the N71 which will take you to lovely places like Skibbereen, Glengarriff and Bantry or to Cork City. The red and white check flags of County Cork were flying everywhere in support of the team and I hope they did well but I left before they played.

Rosscarbery is a lovely little place. The village can actually call itself a city as it has the smallest cathedral in Ireland but the entire place runs around a square that can be walked in 5 minutes although you need much more than that to do it justice. Unsurprisingly for Ireland it has several pubs and it is as picturesque and traditional as you could wish for.

If you are coming here under your own steam, make sure you have a car so you can get out and about and explore this pretty part of Southern Ireland.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view as this hotel sits on a bay of the sea and looks across to the other...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I obtained a coupon from a discount site that allowed myself & my husband, our son & daughter-in-law to stay overnight for an extremely reasonable price. The rooms were comfortable, the staff pleasant. We enjoyed the food and ambiance of the public areas. The view is spectacular and the ancient graveyard at the back of the property proved fascinating to the young people. I would definitely recommend the Celtic Ross to anyone wishing to stay in this beautiful area of Co Cork.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chillymama777
Athy, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I'm in love with the celtic ross hotel. I want to live there and that is my goal someday to sell up and move to roscarberry and have my sunday dinner and family gatherings in the celtic ross hotel. staff are fab, great with my daughter, perfect location. Can't fault it one bit. Can't wait to go back. Anyone want to pay for me or bring me with them? room view was perfect, we had a lovely full moon bouncing its reflection off the water. great place for romance or family break.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dundalk, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Really enjoyed our stay we enjoyed so much that we stayed an extra night. No fault at all with Hotel, it's perfect. I have read some negative reviews and I can't believe what I am reading. they are petty comments and if they had a problem they should have contacted reception or manager at time of stay not blast all over the internet they are probably the ones who said they had a nice stay or had no problems when checking out. As far as the hotel being out dated they should book into a five star hotel in the future. I'm sure the Celtic Ross would rather keep paying staff then let some go just to upgrade for someone's convenience. keep up the good work Celtic Ross Hotel. I will be back time and time again. You have won me over.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie G
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Never been to county Cork before. We stayed at this hotel for three nights and I must say we were pleasantly surprised. There were five of us, our daughter, her husband and their nine year old son. The hotel was super clean, the food was very good especially the chowder soup (the best we ever had) and the staff were so nice, helpful and effecient. Can't wait 'till we go back. Ethna Cullen

Room Tip: Definitely one overlooking the water
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ethna C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosscarbery
Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
#1 of 8 in Clonakilty
The Clonakilty Hotel
The Clonakilty Hotel
#5 of 8 in Clonakilty

Been to Celtic Ross Hotel? Share your experiences!