“Very nice hotel for a wedding”
Review of Celtic Ross Hotel

Celtic Ross Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rosscarbery
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My partner and I stayed here last summer for a wedding. The staff were extremely helpful and polite. The food we were served was lovely and the hotel staff had made a real effort to make the wedding day as successful as possible. The only downside is that the room we stayed in was quite dated, however it was very clean and comfortable. Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay. I would have no problem returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kingston_Rose

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Was at a wedding here recently, and I would highly recommend this hotel! The staff are always available and quick with your requests. Theresa, the wedding planner is amazing! She handled everything and anything that needed to be sorted out. I honestly can't praise her enough!!!

The food portions are huge, and well priced. The hotel is warm and friendly. My only complaint would be the breakfast we had delivered to our room the following morning. We knew the morning after the wedding would be a tiring one, so like at most hotels, we took the option to have our breakfast delivered to our room. What a disappointment. We selected the scrambled egg and bacon, and the fried egg breakfast. I requested extra bacon. What we received was one plate with two pieces of bacon and scrambled egg. On the other plate was one fried egg, one sausage, two pieces of bacon and one white and black pudding and a tomato. The toast felt as though it had been left out over night. It was soft and barely edible.

The following morning, we went down for breakfast and couldn't believe the difference! It was a buffet like most hotel breakfasts but the selection was endless. There was fruit and yogurt as well as nuts, rolls, mushrooms, cooked porridge and then the usual bacon, eggs FRESH toast, and sausages etc. And we could take as many as we liked. I couldn't believe the difference. We paid just under a fiver each to have the food delivered to our rooms, and it was horrible.

The advice I would give is, allow the patrons to choose what they would like for breakfast and let them give the option of how many toast, bacon sausage etc they would like as well as giving them the option to have yogurt and fruit and rolls as well for room service. I get that option at most hotels. I'll be honest in saying that this is the one thing that would put me off from staying there again. We normally do room service, especially when we have the kids, but if that doesn't improve I don't think we'd stay there again in a hurry. Other than that small issue, this hotel is an ideal place to go for a break and the staff, food (when it's not room service) and service is exceptional!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BluffGirl
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The extremely friendly and helpful staff supplement the spacious rooms, clean environment, nice bar with food, excellent breakfast and swimming pool (which made our 1-year olds weekend!).

A short stroll from the lovely village and slightly longer (but nice) stroll to the beach.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mlane10
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I was bridesmaid for a friends wedding in the Celtic Ross Hotel recently and my epxerience was so good that I wanted to share. I have been to many weddings at this stage and I was so impressed by the staff, the organisation, the food and the hotel as a whole.Teresa, the wedding coordinator made everything so easy for the bride as the day just flowed. The staff could not have been more helpful and always willing to do anything for you. There was even a pool and sauna to chill out in the next day after it all - the kids who stayed in the hotel loved it! I couldn't recommend the Celtic Ross enough if you are a bride to be. I'll be back for a weekend break to get away from it all soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daphnelevis
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Perfect hotel for families. I can't praise the staff highly enough. They were brill with the kids. Food ab delicious and our kids loved theirs too. Empty plates allround. Beautiful location. Fine sized rooms for 2 adults and 2 kids. Lovely pool.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank natashalynch
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Myself and two friends stayed in the hotel for the weekend and had a lovely time. Rooms are very clean. Staff are really friendly . They went over and above the call of duty . Restaurant food was very good. The staff there were very kind. Couldn't do enough for people. The reception staff were always helpful. Especially Maxine who always had a smile for you. I would certainly return again.
Mary.

Room Tip: The front rooms facing the sea are lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank de4an
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Just got back from a Friday Special at Celtic Ross Hotel. Enjoyed it very much. Nice warm room with a lovely view of the sea lagoon. Some great walks and bird watching. Our deal was B&B and Dinner included on Friday. Really good value. Will certainly be going again. They have some good deals on their Golden Years Packages so we will take advantage of that. Staff very helpful, polite and friendly. Food very good and plenty of it. Would recommend this hotel as a good base for exploring West Cork.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vivienne N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosscarbery
The West Cork Hotel
Fernhill House Hotel
#1 of 8 in Clonakilty
23 mi away
Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre

Been to Celtic Ross Hotel? Share your experiences!