This was our third stay. We've also eaten in the bar when staying on a boat that we moored there. We booked via Groupon again. When I rang to book there was little availability, even though I paid extra for weekend dates. It looked as if I would have to seek a refund for the voucher. However, as it turned out, we managed to get time off work and go the following weekend, which turned out to be the best weather.
I had argued on the phone about having the 3 course evening meal on the second night of our stay, though once there it wasn't a problem at all. We had a cream tea after arrival as that was the only option still available on Groupon. It was OK but to be honest we wouldn't have bothered and it wasn't that good value.
The room was fine, and it was one we'd been in before, though probably the smallest double with little space around the bed. It did have a bath tub with decent shower above, though water temperature was unstable. The room and inn were clean enough and the staff always seemed busy. I love the view across the river and it's worth getting a room that side of the inn.
Our bar meals the first night were a bit disappointing. My scampi was bland and my wife's cheese salad poor. The cheese came in huge lumps and the leaves had been drowned in dressing. Still, the Woodfordes Wherry was very drinkable!
Breakfast was nice enough with good choices, though service was slow at times.
The room walls were very thin and you could hear other people in their rooms, especially some very noisy kids. The same kids were asleep under a blanket on a sofa in the guests lounge later with the lights off. Cute enough but a bit inconsiderate for other guests and stopped us watching the big TV there.
The 3 course dinner was nice enough, especially as they allowed us to have the excellent Camembert and Sea Bass off the specials board.
Overall it was good, though less value since they've finished doing the place up. We'd go back, but would probably chose another place down the road at Sutton Staithe given the option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family operated award winning riverside 3* Hotel all roms ensuite, situated in the Norfolk Broads midway between Norwich and Gt Yarmouth. Accommodation on ground floor and first floor levels with disabled facilities. Most rooms riverfacing. Choice of dining in two restaurants or relaxing in our comfortable Lounge Bar with its river facing patio and garden setting. Ample car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Expedia, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Wayford Bridge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wayford Bridge Hotel Stalham
- Wayford Bridge Norwich
- Wayford Bridge Inn Stalham, Norfolk