“Excellent service, food OK”
Review of Wayford Bridge Inn

Wayford Bridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stalham
“Excellent service, food OK”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Our parents stayed here for 2 nights and we visited on both nights and had 3 meals here, with our kids and friends. It's a Marco Pierre White restaurant and we hoped for great things. The service and bar staff were excellent, really friendly and professional. The only slight problems were the food. The breaded mushrooms that my mum and I had were really hard and the garlic butter was a dish of butter. Neither of us could taste any garlic. My wife had chicken Kiev on the second night, which was overcooked, as was her sticky toffee pudding. The steak on both nights was fantastic, definitely one of the best steaks I've had. Overall a great experience, with a few minor issues with the food. Go for the steak.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Adz C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Stalham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I visited last Sunday with my family to celebrate my birthday. I found the food to be very tasty and decent portion sizes, the belly pork on the Sunday roast menu was extremely good. There was a very relaxed feel to the place and the staff were very helpful. I am sure we will return again very soon

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

As a local we greatly enjoyed the artwork on display. Not all was great but that was the beauty of the display in the dinning room, like visiting an exhibition. The Miro's great. And the lounge very interesting. We also enjoyed our drinks.
I am an artist.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martin W
Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stopped off here whilst on a boating holiday on the Norfolk Broads....
Had a couple of pints of Guinness.... chilled and poured to perfection....
=o)
My intention was to have an evening meal here, and the menu did look good, but decided to move on for the night....
Staff were very friendly and pleasant.... was nice to see barstaff cleaning etc etc rather than standing with their hands in their pockets.....
All in all 5 ***** stars....
will definatly return on my next trip
Thanks

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Have been to the bar/ restaurant several times to enjoy a pint and a burger. The burgers were spotvon untkl the prices went from £7.95 to £12 plus. I relented and bought one only to find the food barely filled half the plate and was complely void of sald. I think it was forgotten about. I actually felt totally ripped off.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank MWGCP
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I booked this hotel having looked at their website and menus. All I can say is the website bears no resemblance in any way to the actual decor, menu or room standard.
The interior of this hotel is now dark and dismal everywhere. The walls are covered with a multitude of strange animals, signs and pictures.
Our room No 2 had possibly the worst bed I have slept in ever!!! I lost count of the bed springs I could feel. Luckily we chose not to dine in because if the greasy excuse for breakfast was anything to go by it.....

If this is the standard of Marco Pierre White I am shocked. We also will never return to this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Colspr44
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have stayed here before and thoroughly enjoyed it. The place has turned into a complete tip with dreadful old tables, village hall type chairs, breakfast now served in a room which resembles a deer shed, with no less than a dozen stag heads looking at you, stuffed fish in glass cases which you bump your head on when you stand up, stuffed bird in glass case. The menu has shrunk and is very expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Ann S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stalham
The Old Rectory Hotel
Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Cromer Country Club
Cromer Country Club
#2 of 7 in Cromer

Been to Wayford Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!