OK...I read all the Trip Advisor reviews....good grief !.....what a bunch of whiners ! Here's the reality:
1) Administration and booking is a little disorganised. The multiple booking offices don't communicate very well and we had multiple enquiries of 'did you pay ?'.....this was minor amusement value.
2) The walls are thin....VERY thin....we were lucky to have an end room, but our friends next door were amused by the nocturnal activities of the couple on the other side of them and I was (purportedly) snoring on another night.
1) The diving and visibility (in May) is absolutely unbelievably crystal.
2) The dive organisation is incredibly good....spacious areas, good wash areas, organised boats with lots of space on the boat.
3) Good briefings, good dive guide and extremely attentive boat captain.
4) Resort was busy....but never seemed in the slightest bit crowded.
5) Food was buffet-style and OK, not gourmet.
6) Hammerheads were there for us (twice in three days)...yah !
7) Resort staff from barman to bedroom staff very, very eager to please.
8) It's an extremely peaceful/serene place and the little plane ride from KK to LL was an experience in of itself.
Layang Layang is for divers and definitely NOT for non-divers (or children). Further, you need to be comfortable with swimming in the blue and deep (30m+ diving), as well as comfortable with deco diving (not for beginner divers).More