“If you want a nights stay don't book this place” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Falcon At Hatton - Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hatton B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“If you want a nights stay don't book this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

Made a booking and received confirmation, as I was going to be arriving around 7ish out if courtisey rang to advise. Phone was answered by an Austalian female who very rudely told me I couldn't possibly gave a booking as they were already fully booked. Advised I had a confirmation in front of me and confirmed the confirmation number. This person could only be described as arrogant and down right rude. Told me again there was no booking for me and nothing she could do. I asked what I should do as I was now travelling down with no room to stay in. She kindly said that would be ok as she wouldn't take the charge of my card- really helpful not! Rang back again after several attempts and spoke to Tom who advised they had no one in charge. This place lacks customer care and organisation avoid risking a booking you won't get a bed for the night!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank nurse137

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

We were staying 2 nights to attend a nearby event. The accomodation was chalet type rooms on the car park. Good value for money, breakfast was in the fridge and topped up the next day. Restaurant was a little expensive for the food we had. Staff very friendly. Would stay at the Falcon again.

Room Tip: Do not get a room near main road and book direct with the Falcon.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank maggiem186338
Wiltshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

A lastminute booking, wasn't really expecting too much to be honest, but was not disappointed by my stay at all and was pleasantly surprised.

Staff were all happy, pleasant and really tried to be helpful: just they didn't quite get the balance between right.

I'm not a lover of a continental breakfast, but breakfast wise I knew what I was getting in advance. Bringing own milk, instant coffee and teabags is recommended

The restaurant fixed price menu however was very good and great value at £10 a head.
I had a generous helping of mussels in a Thai green curry sauce, my wife had a guinnee fowl salad. We both followed with Sea Bass fillets. Coffee was insipid.

Would stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Being near the road you will get traffic noise. We were in room 6. But the food makes it all worthwh...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Went to eat as this is a country pub with a few rooms. The star was the food which was a good gastropub meal. The service was friendly a bit slow and could be more focused.

The pub itself is nice and just needs a bit more softness, open fire, lighting, decor and it would be there.

This part of Warwickshire has many excellent pubs and this has the potential to compete.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank watpar
Benidorm, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed there in September on business for 4 nights and I had about 3 hours sleep a night. The road is right next to the rooms and the traffic does not stop day and night. The concept of "oh well its cheap" I was told by the manager is not great. Take ear plugs and sleep mask. I would stick to what they do right and that is the food, I ate there a few times and it was very nice, complements to the chef. The best was that after my stay I asked for an invoice and I was sent a word docuement that I could have done myself.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Riweb1978
Bedford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

My husband & I arrived at the Falcon yesterday afternoon for one nights stay, as were meeting friends who live i Leamington Spa. We notified a member of staff at the bar that we had arrived, & sat down for a drink as we were to early to check in. About half an hour later another member of the Falcon team came over to advise us that we could not stay as there was no room at the inn! We were told that a room at a local B&B around the corner had been reserved as alternative for us. As clean & delightful as the Coach house B&B was, it was not what we had booked & the idea was to have drinks with our friends at The Falcon & seeing as our alternative accommodation had no bar facilities we were unable to do so. From the reviews I have read on Trip advisor I understand this isn't the first time this happened, I was also fobbed off with an excuse that an email had been sent to forewarn us, no such email was received. I think a little more organisation & communication would not go amiss.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lianne W
Sant Cugat del Valles, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stayed at the Falon last month and was completely satisfied with the food (leek and potato soup with rosemary was a highlight) and the room. Friendly bar staff and a couple of very tasty pints. Unfortunately I could not sample the delights of the outdoor "chillout" zone as it was a frosty evening but iot looked very inviting. The area is beautiful. What's more, it is located within easy reach of Birmingham and is not at all far from the motorway. All in all, a great choice. The negative points: a bit of road noise in the morning.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatton
Castle Limes Hotel
Premier Inn Warwick Hotel
Mallory Court Hotel
Mallory Court Hotel
#1 of 18 in Leamington Spa

Been to The Falcon At Hatton - Hotel? Share your experiences!