The Regent Hill Side Villa & Resort
  • Restaurant
US$124
US$100
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

US$130
US$118
Cliff Resort(Yercaud)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$69
US$47
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$68/night.

US$87
US$73
Free cancellation until 26/05
Book now, pay at stay
US$88
US$81
TGI Star Holidays Yercaud(Yercaud)(Great Value!)
US$51
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssweet rascalvishu kaliappasunny sidehis passionafrican grey parrotexotic birdsunique placeantique collectionown homedown to earthpet loversfriendly dogsone of a kindmind blowingvisit this placenon vegetarianhis team
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed at this awesome resort for it attracted me like a magnet to steel.

The last time I was there was a nice experience but this time was awesome. Just can't imagine how so much changes could happen in such a short while.

The place is nothing short of mesmerising ; what a collection of curios, antiques, dogs, birds and what not. You can never see such a display of so many things anywhere.

The variety of plants is simply mind blowing , bonsai, orchids, heliconias, anthuriums and what not.

To top it all the warmth of Vishu, Rathish and the other people at the resort was so warm and nice.

I would definitely would be there as often as I could.

Kudos!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Parameshwaransakthiv
regenthillside, Owner at The Regent Hill Side Villa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Sir,

I'm happy on hearing your attraction towards my place.

I am constantly adding new things on the property basically to keep myself in the best of spirits so that when guests are here because of my spirits I could keep them also in the finest of cheer. People sometimes ask me, when would you complete the work - I tell them never; because if I complete then what would I have to do.

I'm glad you enjoyed my collection. In fact I tell people, that I want to make my place as a cabinet of curiosities where I would store multitudes of things.

The collection of plants that you saw wasn't even 1/100th of my collection which I have. Slowly I'm moving them to The Regent so that the world at large could enjoy them, as now its only me who is enjoying them as where I've displayed them is my guest house which only me and a restricted few have access to.

All of us feel so happy to hear that you enjoyed our warmth.

You are always welcome to your home in Yercaud.

Com.Dr.Vishu Kaliappa

Reviewed 19 April 2014

An amazing place to stay in Yercaud. Vishu was the perfect host ably assisted by Ratish and James. Kids loved playing with the friendly dogs Magic, Cinderella and Husky. The moody Adolf Hitler (talking parakeet) and Jerry added to the fun. The funny quotes all around the property brought smiles on our faces. The bonsais, the antiques, the dining room, the kadapa stone TT table, all are truly wonderful. After tasting the dosas and cake prepared by Ratish, hope they restart their restaurant Sweet Rascal as soon as possible. Vishu shared his future plans for the property and we cant wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NSathya
regenthillside, Owner at The Regent Hill Side Villa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Sir,,

It gave us great joy to read your nice and very thoughtful review. Rathish and James join me in thanking you for having written about us.

Very happy to hear that the kids enjoyed our pets. I just can't get over the very sad face of your nephew when it was time to leave. Such a lovely and affectionate kid that he was. I must also mention about your daughter - I was truly impressed with her very quiet nature and explicit behavior. Seldom do you see such fine children these days.

I'm happy that you enjoyed all my collections and also the TT table.

We are in the process of finalizing the new menu for Sweet Rascal and will open shortly.

Rathish kept telling me - "Sir, such a nice family they are, so friendly so nice they are and so I'm going to bake a nice cake for them". I'm happy that you enjoyed his cake. Rathish was delighted on knowing that you enjoyed his super huge dosa's.

Work is on at full swing on the super exotic ideas that are running in my interprid mind,and I hope they will be ready shortly for you'll to enjoy when you are back at your home.

You are always welcome to your home in Yercaud.

Com.Dr.Vishu Kaliappa

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great experience in this place!!Special thanks to Mr Vishu and Mr Rathish for making our trip extra special! This place is not a hotel...it is an experience. Go here for the place and love it like Vishu does! You will not be disappointed!

This is a place filled with so many little things to see and observe that one entire weekend can be spent just looking at the fabulous collectibles in the house. The sky light on the roof through which we could see the sun and an almost full moon passing by was a very unique experience which cannot be replicated anywhere in a multi storied hotel building.

The quotes, the pictures, the butterfly panels, the antiques, the rocking chair, the skylights, the steps leading to the villa, the rain, the views, the bonsais, the parrots, the trees laden with fruits and last but not the least the care...the list goes on and on and on and on....all so memorable and wonderful!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique experiences...very different from one another and so entertaining...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SeeMom

Dear Madam

Thank you for having written such a wonderful review.

I feel elated on hearing your feeling, that you felt it was an experience rather than a place to just stay. It is with the encouragement and boost from friends like you, that I get the spirit to do more and more to keep guests as well as myself in top form.

I'm glad you enjoyed my collections on display. However though it is just a miniscule of my extensive collection. I'm slowly adding to the display on almost a daily basis.

I'm very happy to hear that you appreciate my sun roof. I took a lot of effort in designing an apt sunroof at the right location. I spent a lot of time and effort to bring it to effect correctly.

Happiness is the only word that I can describe my feeling right now, on seeing that you appreciated my passion as a lepidopterist, an antique collector, a heritage building restorer, bonsai artist, aviculturist and a farmer.

I'm also very happy to note that you liked the individuality of each room.

You are always welcome to your home in Yercaud,

Com.Dr.Vishu kaliappa

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We, group of 5 friends stayed at this place over a weekend during Apr 2014.

The first thing you notice in this resort is the various quotes that is being put across everywhere in the resort.
Very funny ones that can bring smile to any adult. These quoting got us engaged for the first half of the day; each one reading and sharing smile with other person… Never seen something like this before.. Awesome…

Lot of antique collections are on display, interesting pictures/photos in the rooms, quite a few bonsai plants everywhere….

Rooms & toilets are decently big, and we are impressed with the lawn and private open space provided behind each room. Lot of time can be spent here with a cup of coffee in the morning or a bottle of wine in the evening.. 

At present, The restaurant menu is limited to dosa/egg/bread/coffee/tea etc… Dosa varieties served with lots of love at the "Sweet Rascal" restaurant is awesome. The courteous staff at the hotel will get you food from outside if you need something other than the options available.

James did the massage for us and it was rejuvenating… We also tried foot reflexology and it was nice…

This review may be incomplete without the mention of the owner and host, Vishu. His passion to make this place different from other resorts is evident.. the thought and details that got into the design, ambiance is worth mentioning.

Expansion is going on and it might look even better and different once all the work is being done.

I would highly recommend this place, worth visiting…

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank VijuTravel
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Excellent place to stay with family to relax your mind. Its very descent place to stay where you can get more familiar with nature. The exotic view refreshes you and relaxes your mind. The staff including the owner are very friendly and fully dedicated towards their work. There main aim is to serve with love rather to do business, these things make this resort more attractive

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family