“Food was a bit too salty”
Review of L'Olivo

L'Olivo
Ranked #12 of 184 Restaurants in Malvern
Price range: US$16 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Some may enjoy, but I find that the dishes were too saly for my liking. I ordered Seafood Rissotto $21. Lots of seafood in it which I like. My friend had the same thing but ordered entree (supposed to be smaller) but the portion was big (only the plate they used was smaller). I finished all the seafood but left some of the rissoto because it was just too salty.

Pricey!

2  Thank sabrinast
There are newer reviews for L'Olivo

Reviewed 20 September 2013

From my first coffee I knew this place was not the same, so sad. To the previous owners, thanks for the many wonderful meals. It has been our restaurant for family and friend gatherings, today it was not the same. Lack of service and food not quite right. Things cannot last forever, but we have some wonderful memories.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Table of six who won't be returning. reasonable food, tapas better than mains but the service was terrible. There is really no excuse for main courses to be delivered over half an hour apart, and even less for coffees to be served, some cold, over an even longer time frame. Wait staff came and went saying they'd be back with the item but disappeared,not to be seen again until cleaning up at the end of the night. i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank Peter C C C
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have just come across this restaurant in Waverley Rd, East Malvern. The food and service are terrific. Try the Tapas. Pick say four or five to be shared amongst four people. They were excellent. Prices are very reasonable as well and it is BYO wine.j

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Went for dinner with a group of friends Saturday night. Been here before and thought would try it again but encountered the same problems again. We froze. We were sat at the back, near a door out to the Antarctic - kids kept coming and going, often leaving the door open, and gusts of freezing cold blew in. Then there was the noise. Couldn't hear each other, our voices echoed around and probably blew out the door with the cold. A shame, because the food here is good and the service impeccable, they try really hard and they are very nice. But until we grow fur and have hearing aid implants, we will give this place a miss.

1  Thank AnAussie