“Charming family hotel handy for visiting Siemens”
Review of Les Eleveurs

Les Eleveurs
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Halle
York, United Kingdom
“Charming family hotel handy for visiting Siemens”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed in October whilst visiting Siemens at Huizingen just down the road. It's a few minutes' walk from Halle railway station, so was very handy. It was cheaper than alternatives and I liked it because it felt individual and friendly rather than large and impersonal. My room was well equipped, spotless and wonderfully quiet. It is clearly a family run hotel and the staff were friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. Breakfast was delicious. I would make a beeline for this hotel if in the area again or if visiting Brussels but wanting to get away from the city.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here on business about 10 times now and would not hesitate to recommend.

The owners cannot do enough for you and know customer service very well.

Restaurant is too fussy (for me) and quite expensive for everyday. There is a limited residents menu. It is also closed on Monday.

Halle has plenty of bars and restaurants within easy walking distance so no real issue.

Breakfast is very good indeed.

Quite Charming :-)

• Stayed September 2013
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Our family of three stayed here the night of May 27. After the busy-ness of Brussels, we thoroughly enjoyed our night in Halle at Les Eleveurs. We would stay there again since we had a comfortable room, it was an attractive hotel, the service was attentive and it was reasonably priced. The hotel restaurant was closed the night we were in Halle, but we understand it is wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Nederland
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Reception: when I (business) travel (plane, train, car...) I tend to dress informally. Nonetheless, when I arrived I was profesionally and cordially warmly welcomed and treated as a sincerely welcomed guest. Knowing the Belgian culture to be somewhat "holding back" if not "conservative" if not "somewhat reserved" towards strangers, to my surprise it was Madame de Brouwer (the Hotel Manager) herself who - after my registering - immediately offered to (and did) help me bring my suitcases upstares. To my opinion a gesture of hospitality and level of hospitality to which I am not accustomed, I must say, but to me gave me a strong indication of the level of hospitality I was to expect during my stay. In short, hotel management and personnel go out of their way to make one feel at ease to a very high level, which deserves a compliment. (plus plus here)

Rooms: nice comfortable non-complex rooms, very clean, TV, internet available, generous bath and bathroom with all necesities, with a "local air" and quiet which is always good for a travelling business person who likes/needs some peace and tranquility after a hard days work, which to my opinion adds up to being and feeling relaxed which for an international traveler like myself is a cool, relaxing breath of fresh air next to all those international five star hotels that promise too much but deliver much less (except for the Swiss hotels of course).

Vicinity/environment: upon arriving, one finds himself smack near the center of Halle. Walk out the front door of the hotel, go left and left again, walk 5 minutes and you are in the heart of Halle, close to the beautifull 13th-14th Roman Catholic monumental churh (worth a visit). The beauty of the surroundings (pajottenland) is felt in every direction. People in general are friendly.
NOTE: if I had a say in things I would initiate the hotel to have rental bicycles available and bicycle tourist maps to be able to visit the beautifull surroundings a bit more.

Food: simply put I'd say "my compiments to the chef and his team". They offer a mixture of to my opinion very well prepared dinners. The ambiance is good. A menu card which again is worth complimenting. A mixture of fish and meat dinners, prepared very well, served in a relaxing way not imposing on the weary business traveller, but rather softly /enticingly inviting to explore more of the tastes the regional and French (f.e. cheese from the Loire valley, very well chosen wines) cuisine has to offer without being too demanding on the individuals' palet. And..., they know how to make coffee, capuccino,... in a way that is to my opinion normally only reserved to the real Italy. Next to that, I'd also advise on eating out: leave the hotel and turn right along the river, about 50 metres and you will find a simple but exquisite little traiteur, "pour les gourmands entre nous"... and extremely well priced.

Infrastructure: train station 300 metres away, but in no way disturbing when one sleeps. Taxi available on request and local bus services are abundant.

Overall impression: good (8 out 10)! I Enjoyed my stay and will gladly come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SteefNederland
UK
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I use this hotel for business travel, as it is conveniently located opposite the railway station . The hotel has an excellent resturant and comfortable rooms.

The hotel is situated a short walk from the centre of Halle, where you can find numerous bars and resturants.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Neil-Traveller
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 9 December 2011

it's a friendly little 3-star thing, not bursting with amenities or professionalism, but staff are very friendly though not as much professional in the sense of the word they use it in 5* places :)

Breakfast choice was very little, but scrambled eggs with bacon were very tasty.

Rooms are small but have nice view.

Beds are too soft, much softer that I like.

Can't tell anything more really - I was spending days and nights at the Siemens big facility nearby. Yes, the big advantage of the hotel is that it is only 3 km from the big Siemens place which I think attracts a lot of visitors.

It would be even nicer if price was less. 99 EUR is a bit too high for a small family run place like this one.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank FlyingKindergarten
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Service was great, let's start with that.
However, the food was too complicated, too many different ingredients and tastes on same plate - too many wines - too many different experiences, and not all matching.
Congratulation on the n° 2 housewine, that was good, probably the best wine of the whole meal
I think they can mae things better by simplifying, trying to find the original taste back instead oof hiding it behind "too much"

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halle
Martin's Red
Ibis Styles Nivelles
#1 of 2 in Nivelles
Ibis Budget Brussels South Ruisbroek
Best Western Plus Orange Hotel

Been to Les Eleveurs? Share your experiences!