“lovely sunday lunch family friendly”

The Prince of Wales
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Ampthill
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Included in the good pub guide 2009, 2010.
uk
“lovely sunday lunch family friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

had a nice sunday lunch, helpful staff, good food, will go back ,family friendly and dogs in the bar area (not eating area)

• Visited May 2014

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Good grub as ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We took our family (young adults) and had a super sized meal which certainly satisfied the impoverished students we were treating. I had the Pork Belly which was really succulent and very tasty. My desert of Gingerbread creme brulee was amazing. I really didn't want it to end although I was so full. I am so glad that the POW is my local eatery and walking distance for us.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank rockchic k
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Home made burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Visited the prince of Wales last week.

It is a lovely country pub, with a great atmosphere and lots of character.

I started with the fish cake which if I'm honest is the best fish cake I've had.

I then chose the home made mince steak burger with Stilton and bacon, these burgers are amazing, the patty was about an inch think with two pretty decent slices of Stilton on top.

The waitress that looked after us was very nice, polite and friendly, not sure what her name was tho.

I recommend that everyone visits the prince of Charles if you are in the area.

I will be returning this week.

Visited April 2014
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“Compliments to the chef !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We dined here last night (18th march) and the food was superb with very healthy portions that were beautifully presented. The timings between courses was perfect and the staff are very polite and friendly which added to a very pleasurable night. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Flitwick, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Function Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We held our wedding reception here the staff couldn't have been more helpful, the food was excellent and in the words of one of our guests "was the best food they had ever had at a wedding"
The manager Richard bent over backwards to ensure that all was well on the day and to cap it all despite hiring exclusive use of the venue, and bedrooms on a saturday afternoon / night was very reasonably priced
Defiantly the place to use if you are looking for a function venue in the area!

Visited March 2014