“Lovely people!”

Gabriels Coffee Lounge
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Located in the historical Wharf area within Sowerby Bridge. We are very family friendly and welcome everyone, we have a snug and box of toys for the little ones up stairs. There is seating on 2 floors and gardens with outside seating front and rear. We serve freshly made good quality food and great coffee. Ample parking. Baby changing facilities. Breakfast, lunch, afternoon teas and full alcohol license. Private parties welcome, by arrangement.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I go here whenever I can. Great to use the leather settees upstairs for a quiet meeting if you want. The staff are really friendly and helpful. Earlier review mention rats outside but it is next to the canal basin… The Moorings area is a tremendous feature for Sowerby Bridge.

Carrie O, Owner at Gabriels Coffee Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to put a comment on here it means a lot to us, so glad your visit was enjoyable :-)

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Recently met with friends in Horbury and thought we'd give this place a try for lunch. The staff couldn't make us feel more welcome and the coffee was great, we all chose Panini's from the menu and were not disappointed, very tasty and filling! Looking forward to our next visit. :)

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and support it means a lot :-)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Have been several times as good place to meet for a good coffee and a chat but this last time was a disappointment. Sat in back garden as sunny afternoon. Watching birds and then several rats in corner of garden. Bit worrying. Did report it to owner whilst we were there, who said would sort it, but felt we may not have been taken seriously. Concerned that the benches may have been rat tainted too!

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner went for a sunday breakfast, from the outside it looks very inviting so we decided to give it ago. When we went inside there was a couple of tables full of dishes and left over food that hadnt been cleaned away. We went and ordered are food and all the girl said was ok and told us the price when we paid there was no hello what would you like. We walked back round n sat when they came round to bring are drinks we ordered we asked if we cud sit at a bigger table but it was full of food people had left they removed the plates but never cleaned the table we sat and 30 mins later the breakfast came obviously all heated from microwave, the staff never spoke , the place had no atmosphere , plain walls a picture on wall theres nothing thats inviting inside. My partner tango was covered in milk so we had to change it. Would never return, not value for money, its a shame in a lovely village its so unwelcoming

Carrie O, Owner at Gabriels Coffee Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hello, I am really sorry you did not have a very good first experience in visiting Gabriel's coffee lounge. I have discussed your review with my staff have taken measures to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.

Kindest Regards
Carrie Owens

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I went into this establishment because I am a lover of Horbury and its various eateries. I hadn't tried it so thought I'd give it a go. As soon as I was in I felt trapped so felt obliged to order breakfast which to my alarm was £6.95. I assumed that this would include coffee but no, a further £2.25! I live in Horbury not Monaco! Anyway, no way out now was what I thought and expected great things.
Five minutes later coffee arrived. Five minutes later, coffee half empty and cold, breakfast arrived. Luminous scrambled eggs, teeny weeny portion of mushrooms, frozen sausage, unripe tomato bit, pot of baked beans, niceish bacon and a bit of toast. All very dry so I couldn't eat it as I had no coffee left. Since there wasn't a member in sight I couldn't ask for another coffee so I left.
The fact is, at that price you should at least expect a friendly smile and maybe a top up of coffee. Rubbish, in future I'll stick to Capri down the road where, for less than six quid, you get a lovely breakfast, coffee by the boatload and fantastic service.
Can't see this place lasting long given it's better and cheaper competition.

Hello, I am sorry you didn't enjoy your visit to Gabriel's Coffee Lounge.....Not sure what drink you ordered as we don't have a drink on the menu for £2.25 but anyway, we don't expect any customer who walks through the door to feel they are trapped and have to order from us as in any of our coffee shops it is acceptable to just come in and have a coffee or if you don't fancy anything on our menu then you are free to leave we don't chain the doors as soon as you enter so you cant leave lol. We are also currently revisiting our menu and making some changes to food and prices as this is the set menu that has been at Gabriel's for many years and works very well in Sowerby bridge Halifax but I am aware it needs to change for Horbury now we have tried and tested it. I am really sorry if your breakfast arrived cold this should not happen and we believe in service with a smile so please inform me which member of staff male/female appeared rude and I will deal with this matter urgently and the cold breakfast which is made freshly we do not microwave sausages everything is cooked on the Griddle so unless people ask for the coffee to come with the food we assume you want to sit and enjoy your coffee while you wait for the fresh breakfast to be made which usually takes only 5-10 mins at the most so I apologise for the delay. Many thanks for bringing these matters to my attention and I am taking measures as we speak to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Kindest Regards