“A welcome brew after the gym”

Gabriels Coffee Lounge
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Located in the historical Wharf area within Sowerby Bridge. We are very family friendly and welcome everyone, we have a snug and box of toys for the little ones up stairs. There is seating on 2 floors and gardens with outside seating front and rear. We serve freshly made good quality food and great coffee. Ample parking. Baby changing facilities. Breakfast, lunch, afternoon teas and full alcohol license. Private parties welcome, by arrangement.
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Called this morning after a gym class. Usually go elsewhere but decided to go where we could sit out. Asked for a strong black coffee and wasn't disappointed. Toasted tea cake was enormous with plenty of butter and jam!
My friend had a mega ham and cheese omelette.
The staff were friendly and accommodating. My kind of coffee shop! Will be going back am sure of it.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I’ve been back a few times now at different times. I first went to try their Hot Chocolate Supreme which is really chocolatey and has cream, flake, marshmallows and buttons. It’s very tasty. They also usually have a great Rocky Road as well as a nice selection of other cakes, my Mum likes the lemon cake and I’ve enjoyed the Buttermilk. On a previous visit I have also tried the nachos and chilli which was a decent sized portion. Mostly, though, and most recently, I go for the big breakfast which is reasonably priced and a good full plate. The sausages are described as award winning, and taste really good. I also appreciate the choice of fried or scrambled eggs, as a lot of places just offer fried with a full breakfast. Tea and toast included in the price and the big breakfast also has Black Pudding which I always think is an essential part of a breakfast! If I could think of one thing to improve it, it would be to either included Fried spam or have it as an optional extra. I accept I may be alone in that. There are optional extras on the menu, good for fans of the sausages! The place is open 10-4 seven days a week and so I’ve tended to have this full breakfast as a lunch. The service is always good, too. I can’t comment on the coffee as I don’t drink it. Worth a visit!

geranium004, Owner at Gabriels Coffee Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Dear Chris
I think you have almost described our entire menu! What a fabulous review. We are very prod of our breakfasts and they are very popular at weekends. We shall consider your recommendation of fried spam. Our sausages are award winning from Alan Walkers at Kind Cross and they are indeed a little bit special. We look forward to welcoming you again soon and thank you for writing such a lovely review.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Only a small place, but cosy and with outside seating as well.
Had two cappuccino coffees and some really lovely home made coffee cake (a big wedge which was enough for two). Price was ridiculously cheap and the staff very friendly.

geranium004, Owner at Gabriels Coffee Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear David
Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to us and in particular the homemade coffee cake!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Hi Carrie, well, I came back as I said I would! This time I brought my husband and grandson, like last time, it was amazing. Can't wait to go back again. Thank you

Dear Joyce

Thank you for your superb review. I am thrilled that you have visited again with family. We look forward to seeing you all on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Visited on a very sunny Sunday at about 3.30, cafe looked closed as door was shut, but we could see lights on and garden tables needed clearing. Local pubs were all heaving, but we were looking for tea and cake after a walk.
Upon opening door and asking if they wee open we were 'Welcomed' with a very harsh "Only for Coffee and Cake." We asked if they had any Gluten Free cake and were looked at as if we had asked for raw pigs brains.
After ordering cake and drinks we went to sit in the sun. Our drinks were reasonably quick, however the cake was not forthcoming. In the end we asked about our cake and it was clear that it had been forgotten.
Cake eventually arrived, and was stale, served with a pathetic squirt of squirty cream .
Very disappointed, especially as we encouraged others to visit who were not sure if it was open or not.

Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I firstly wish to apologise for you not enjoying your visit to us. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service so I am very surprised at your comments regarding the staff. I personally, was not in situ on your visit. However, I have read your review with sadness and have spoken to my team about the points you have raised. On your visit you arrived after what was an exceptionally busy and warm day. We actually close at 4pm do I suspect the staff were preparing to close. Not that this is any way an excuse. I do object however to your reference to "raw pigs brains" as an attitude my staff would have. This is absolutely not the case and is unkind to say so. My staff know exactly what gluten free means. Our chocolate cake is gluten free. In fact our chef is a coeliac herself so is more than aware of such dietary requirements. I hope that you will give Gabriels another opportunity to show you the high level of customer service and amazing food we are renowned for. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Carrie Owens