“Consistently lovely.”

Halifax, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently lovely.”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

As a family we used to go to Syhiba, the Indian restauarant a few doors away and it was excellent. However, it has become a victim of it's own success and is now overly busy and expensive. We tried the Village as an alternative and were instant converts and we now eat there about once a fortnight. The staff are so polite and attentive and the food is delicious. It is also considerably cheaper than Syhiba, this matters when you have two teenage eating machines! The decor is very smart and the restaurant is clean and spacious. Would strongly recommend!

Visited April 2014

Rishworth, United Kingdom
“One of the best ever Indian meals.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We visited this restaurant many years ago and didn't want to return. However, friends booked a table here for a 50th celebration, so, of course, we went along. What a great meal. A a result of that, we decided to go as a family for another birthday celebration.
From beginning to end the service was really good and the waiters were friendly, helpful and professional.
The restaurant was busy and the atmosphere was good.
We ordered a variety of starters and every one was well presented and tasted fantastic.
All the main courses were plentiful and incredibly tasty. My husband wanted a particular dish which wasn't on the menu and the waiter went to the kitchen, discussed it with the chef and returned stating that it could be done.
We had a wonderful meal, served by attentive staff in a busy restaurant.
How pleased were we when we found out they delivered???
I'm sure we will have food delivered but I don't think it will be too long before we go back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank BobsyCat
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Best in Sowerby Bridge and Halifax”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Please ignore the negative reviews, we eat here or get a takeaway at least once a fortnight and we've never had a bad experience! Been to lots of Indian restaurants from Birmingham to Bradford and I've got to say this is probably our favourite. Friendly, efficient staff and well priced. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Visited April 2014
“Take-away was superb”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Fast and efficient service with well packed foods at was easy to transport. The quality of the food was excellent and all dishes looked good when served at home. The nan bread was particularly good being carefully packed in foil to keep in pristine condition after transporting to home. A real bonus was the 'pickle tray' with four items packed separately within the outer box. A real treat eaten in the comfort of our own home.

Visited April 2014
London
“Poor”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Poor service, food average. The bill was wrong in so many ways. Cheaters. I will not be going back! On the face of it it all seems well. But every step you have to watch them or you will be overcharged. I've been several times due to group pressure but I will not be going again.

• Visited November 2013
Villagerestaurant, Director at The Village Restaurant, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear sir/madam

My sincerest of apologies for your recent experience with The Village.

I would like to say I'm disappointed with your experience and would like to address this matter. Our customers are important to us and we aim to provide an excellent experience every time. I really appreciate your feedback as it is down the feedback we have received from our customers that has enabled us to improve.

We are a very customer centric organisations and welcome all feedback good or bad and we address all issues and deal with every complaint on whichever format you would like to use.

We investigate every complaint and try and identify what went wrong and then put measures in place to address it. I will investigate why this has occurred please could you provide me with the following information which will enable me to track what may have gone wrong:

time of visit:
date of visit:

what was the issue? as per trip advisor comment
did you speak to anyone in the branch?
what was there response?
What did you eat?
What was the issue specifically in regards to the food? Taste, flavour presentation
What was the issue in regards to the service? Wrong order, time, attention general service?

If you provide me with the above information I can investigate and address the issues you have experienced. Our aim is to ensure all our customers are happy with products and service they experience. Where we fall short we will address the issue immediately.

is there anything we can do that would tempt you to retry us again?. can i please request you to contact myself on 07463351153, to arrange a date where we can invite you for a meal to the restaurant.

We thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback, and can ensure that this will not happen again, Thank you for your patience.

Best wishes