“Excellent”

The Hobbit
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We had dinner last evening in The New Hobbit; it was absolutely first class. We had been looking for a good local restaurant since having a bad experience at our regular place. I wanted to write a very positive review because we simply came away feeling very good about our evening. Our starters were the pate and the tempura prawns. The food was well presented and extremely good. The same thing applied to our main courses of sirloin steak and fish pie. We had some very nice wine from a short but well thought through list In particular, I wanted to say something about the staff; they were absolutely first class. They were all really attentive and knew what they were doing. The owners have hit the button here; good food and excellent service. The prices are very reasonable. I also wanted to mention how well appointed the premises are. The dining room and bar area are decorated very tastefully and the whole place has a very informal but efficient feel to it. The New Hobbit deserves to do very well; it will certainly get more business from me.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I booked a new years eve meal with friends. Everything was catered for, complimentary drinks on arrival, canapes before the meal.
Food was very good. Would recommend for next year. Louise was excellent at organising all the pre meal organisation and payments etc.

Fenners

Reviewed 22 December 2013

The Hobbit is a pub/restaurant that we have known for years. After being told of a refit it was time to visit.. What a refit- excellent quality and decor throughout we were very impressed. The service was slow and the food for the price wasn't as good as I was expecting. Needs to up its game to become a high end place.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

First time visit for a Sunday lunch. First impressions were the bar is very impressive and finished to a very high standard. We mentioned we'd booked when we ordered our drinks and were handed menus whilst our table was prepared.

We ordered Sunday roasts and the food was ok. Only criticism would be the homemade potatoes highlighted in the menu were lacking in quantity! A couple of small ones on each plate was disappointing for us good old Yorkshire folk!

Service was disappointing really. Waited a while for food given the bar was quiet and then we asked to see desserts menu. We waited 30 minutes for someone to come back by which time we'd waited enough. We asked for the bill instead and the bill came with a charge for the desserts we never ordered. Another 10 minutes for us to grab attention for the bill changing.

Such a shame service doesn't match the decor.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

My husband Paul and and visited the hobbit yesterday for Sunday lunch it is situated in a very beautiful setting with lovely views. The service was very good and polite. The only moan I would have is when it says roast potatos I expect them not fried a lot of places seem to do this and I like mine roasted