“Mid Week - Not Enough Staff”
Review of The Hobbit

The Hobbit
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Good views from the restaurant, helpful staff, good surroundings, modern and clean. My daughter recommend this having had several good experiences. Maybe we just picked a bad night. Not enough staff. The poor girls just couldent cope with the shear amount of people. Two staff is just not enough. As for the food on the night? well below par. Our meals came late and swimming in oil.
Hopefully this is just a one off.
I pre booked accomodation for the weekend prior to eating? hopefully i will be able to write a more positive report.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Our second visit to the Hobbit for our Sunday lunch- staff are very welcoming we were sat by the window with a lovely view over Sowerby Bridge- Excellent food and good value for money - will defiantly be returning just disappointed there wasn't the deep fried brie but the mackerel starter I had was gorgeous, well presented and very tasty.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel restaurant is local to me, but ,I have not visited for sometime. Having haerd it been refurbished I decded to go for Sunday lunch, The place was very busy, but staff were friendly & helpful, we had a drink, & as promised the waiterss came to find us & show us to our table. A varied menu, good choice & reasonably priced. Will definately dine again. The decor & style of the restaurant & bar is excellent. Bar well stocked, local beers, Guinness my tipple ! Would be happy to stop for a drink without dining,

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We had dinner last evening in The New Hobbit; it was absolutely first class. We had been looking for a good local restaurant since having a bad experience at our regular place. I wanted to write a very positive review because we simply came away feeling very good about our evening. Our starters were the pate and the tempura prawns. The food was well presented and extremely good. The same thing applied to our main courses of sirloin steak and fish pie. We had some very nice wine from a short but well thought through list In particular, I wanted to say something about the staff; they were absolutely first class. They were all really attentive and knew what they were doing. The owners have hit the button here; good food and excellent service. The prices are very reasonable. I also wanted to mention how well appointed the premises are. The dining room and bar area are decorated very tastefully and the whole place has a very informal but efficient feel to it. The New Hobbit deserves to do very well; it will certainly get more business from me.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I booked a new years eve meal with friends. Everything was catered for, complimentary drinks on arrival, canapes before the meal.
Food was very good. Would recommend for next year. Louise was excellent at organising all the pre meal organisation and payments etc.

Fenners