“Excellent value for money.”
Review of Sugar, Spice n all Things Iced - CLOSED

Sugar, Spice n all Things Iced
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My friend and I popped in for a coffee but everything looked so scrummy we ended up having afternoon tea!

We loved it, the food was gorgeous especially the scones. The lady who served us was really friendly too. I would recommend this lovely little tea room to anyone.

My friend was so impressed she's booked afternoon tea there for herself and her team at work. I've also been back, I took my Mum who was as impressed as me, and my Mum's a fabulous baker!

We will definitely dine here again.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Me and my friend visited here in August and we both love it we ordered hot chocolate and tea and two cupcakes. The service was fine and very reasonable prices. I love it so much I went back a week later and ordered cupcakes for my wedding and everyone loved them. I will be returning

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have visited the shop multiple times and found the staff very friendly. I have chosen the afternoon tea on most occasions as I've found it to be great value for money and very tasty. The cup cakes and scones are to die for, an I've even purchased a birthday cake for my son. I would highly recommend this quaint little tea shop to everyone, it's a welcoming an friendly place to eat.

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I've tried this little cafe on a couple of occasions both times I've been greatly disappointed. There is no welcome when you arrive. Even a smile would do. The first visit we got tea for 2 and a scone each. The tea for 2 was a slightly larger that normal metal teapot with just one tea bag in. The result was weak tea. Needless to say we only paid for tea for 1. The 2nd visit was to simply buy some cupcakes to take to the mother in laws. To say it is a cupcake cafe there was only 3 to choose from. When I got them home they were hard and stale. The only consistency was the lack of welcome. It really is a shame because this cafe could
Do so well in sowerby bridge.

6  Thank Nobby114
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Visited with a friend. On entering the two staff were both sitting at different tables and there seemed to be an 'atmosphere'. We ordered the afternoon tea. My cup was dirty so I swapped it with one on the next table which was also dirty, swapped again and got a cleaner one. Cutlery was also dirty. Friend ordered a cold drink too and the glass was very visibly filthy. We asked for it to be changed, which it was, but there was no apology. The food came and there was loads of it and it was delicious, a proper afternoon tea. We were the only ones in but about ten minutes later a party of three came in. Not sure if we had upset the proprietor with our request for a clean glass (which was done politely) but the other party received smiles, a pot of water to top their tea pot up and a visit to ask if all was ok once they had received their food.
On our return home I messaged the cafe via Facebook to suggest some constructive criticism, all done politely and praising the good points, but I was ignored. I also mentioned in one of their posts that I would like a response but was again ignored.
It is a lovely place, nice decor etc. but cleanliness and attitude need to improve before I would go again.
There are a lot of these places popping up so I am sure we will find one with polite staff.

5  Thank Hummybee