Visited the New Hobbit last night (26th March) with my partner for a wedding anniversary meal for my parents who live in Greetland and were joined by their friends who also live local. Partner and I live 60 mile away so booked a room for us so we could have a drink or 2.
1. Without asking we were given free upgrade to Bridal suite which was a very nice touch.
2. Nice young lady that dealt with us was lovely and so helpful
3. It was quiet - ish being midweek so we only saw 2 staff working front of house, the lady we first met (supervisor ?) and another young lady doing mainly food service. Both were busy with the bar and the meals but both gave excellent, friendly and polite service. Previous comments remark on poor service but we witnessed nothing that resembled that. Well done both of you.
4. Food ? Fantastic !! We all had starters and mains but boy were we stuffed. Between us we had soup (carrot & Coriander), Spare ribs, pate, tempura prawns & garlic mushrooms to start. ALL brilliant especially those ribs ! so tender, tasty and plenty of meat. Mains included lamb henry, MORE ribs, turf n surf and Hobbit burger. Again ALL brilliant. However (and be warned !) the burger is massive and if you want to go for it don't have a starter it will stuff you (I speak from experience, I had it !).
5. Drinks were reasonably priced
6. Room was clean and well appointed
7. Breakfast (albeit I was still a bit full) was very good indeed
All in all we had a great evening and our little group were the last to leave but the staff let us finish off in our own time without clock watching.
We all hope to have a re-visit soon.
Big thanks to all staff and well done Chef.
Andy & Alison from York
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The New Hobbit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hobbit Hotel Sowerby Bridge
- The New Hobbit Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire