“good and bad”

Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A JD Wetherspoon pub located in the heart of Sowerby Bridge. Monday Club - Cheap pints and meals all day Tuesday - Steak Club Wednesday - Chicken Club Thursday - Curry Club Friday - Fish Friday Saturday - Open until 1am Sunday Club - Sunday Roasts served 12pm - 11pm
Manchester, United Kingdom
“good and bad”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have eaten here nearly once a week at least since it was opened - and has always been great but my last 2 visits have disappointed me. I came along for curry night - and both meals that were ordered were missing 2 items - and then i noticed the lime wedge on my plate had been used - evident by the bread crumbs all over it. i spoke to the young boy serving but he was like a rabbit in the headlights - he didnt have a clue what to do. I asked to speak to someone in charge but they never came over. I thought this might have been a one off because it was very busy that evening. I came back the following Sunday for lunch - and all was ok until my husband ate some vegetables served up with a side of plastic bag. This time the duty manager did come over to speak to us. She kindly gave us our money back. Perhaps a look at the kitchen practices maybe overdue

Visited March 2014

“NICE MEAL”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Had a nice meal in there we had a chicken tika masala each and my daughter had fish and chips.I went up to the bar to order and the young woman suggested going for the deal on the fish and chips to save me money which was really nice of her.She was very smart and looked like a manager type very good looking blue eyes...We sat at table 21 which was a perfectly situated away from the bar area.Will be going back soon recommened....

• Visited April 2014
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Good Beer, Good Food at a Good Prices”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Since the Commercial opened it has proved to be very popular and it certainly is a big improvement on what was there before. This is one of the better chain pub/restaurant establishments and has a good atmosphere although it gets very busy and consequently the reserved tables are a bit of pain in the neck when seems to turn up to dine and when you would gladly take their place! The Commercial has good efficient staff even when it's busy and the food is excellent and well presented with a price tag that is very good value for money. The facilities are clean and decorated to a high standard and the bar and restaurant areas have a well thought out and pleasant appearance. I would recommend a visit even if your not a fan of Wetherspoons, give it a try especially if you like drinking good quality real ale at a competitive price!

• Visited April 2014
“Get what you pay for.”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Had sunday lunch here today. Some members of my family had the sunday roast dinner. They were disappointed when it arrived as it wasn't very hot and you apparently have to order gravy as extra if you want a bit more on your dinner. Scampi nice though. It would have been nice for staff to check with us to see if all was ok after food arrived but nobody came near us. Then when we had finished the meal we waited ages for someone to come and clear our plates, which no one did so we ended up clearing them away ourselves! Yes it is cheap so I suppose you get what you pay for. Nice place for drinks as its cheaper than other places where you can pay £6 for a glass of wine! Not sure I would eat there again in a hurry but maybe its different on a weekday lunch time.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Very nice new pub”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I suppose you either like Wetherspoons or you don't. Me, I'm a fan. Whatever you think, they've got a winning formula and are opening new pubs when others are closing. The Commercial opened in December last year and still feels new. It was a busy lunchtime last Saturday but we found a table and ordered at the bar, and although busy, the nice young lady offered to carry our drinks over to the table, not necessary but much appreciated the offer. The food came surprisingly quickly, 15 minutes and was very good, ham n eggs and a Mexican burger all with the trimmings and an included drink each for less than £15! You can't really pay much less than this, we regularly pay much more but aren't often as satisfied as when we go to Spoons.

• Visited March 2014