“good quality”

Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: Indian, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A JD Wetherspoon pub located in the heart of Sowerby Bridge. Monday Club - Cheap pints and meals all day Tuesday - Steak Club Wednesday - Chicken Club Thursday - Curry Club Friday - Fish Friday Saturday - Open until 1am Sunday Club - Sunday Roasts served 12pm - 11pm
Reviewed 28 May 2014

it was the steak club day yesterday 27/5/2014.The restaurant was quiet-2pm.The tables were clean and no used crockery or cutlery laying about.Food was ordered and arrived in about 15minutes.It was hot and freshly cooked,and of good quality.Staff were professional and friendly.It was nice to have a separate restaurant away from the bar.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My first time visiting the pub and it was a great experience. I took my two children (13 month old and 5) with my wife for dinner and the staff were very welcoming to us. They offered a highchair for my youngest straight away and gave my 5 year old a menu with her own colouring pencils straight away. I had to wait about 10 minutes till I got served but the bar was very busy but I could tell the bar staff were working as fast as possible. Meals were delicious and floor staff were very on point. I would most definitely recommend this pub to any of my friends

1  Thank Joel S
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Visited yesterday.15/05/2014. One person serving at the bar while 2 assistants chatted in the kitchen and one cleared up tables. 3 customers before me. 15 minutes, may be more to get a beer then told other customers had to be served before i COULD ORDER A MEAL. Didn't bother.
Beer average though cheaper than most. But appalling service and won't be visiting again any time soon.

2  Thank Grizz372387
CommercialInn, Public Relations Manager at The Commercial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Hello

Constructive feedback is always helpful. I'm so sorry you received sub- standard service from our staff. Your experience with us was certainly not "normal" and I can only apologise. We are investigating the staff that were working at the time.

Please don't let this experience put you off our pub and we'd love it if you returned so we can show you the level of service we are known for.
Ruth Wilkinson

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

For the price the quality of food is very high, but the best thing about this pub is the atmosphere and decor. For food best to come during the day as the bar area does get busy in the evenings.

1  Thank Hannah G
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Finally Sowerby has somewhere model which is great value for money. Staff always have a smile on their faces. Fab atmosphere as always busy which shows that it must be good! Definitely recommend to all ages.