“The best for miles around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gimbals Restaurant

Gimbals Restaurant
Price range: US$30 - US$39
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds, United Kingdom
“The best for miles around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

Having eaten here on numerous occasions over the 15 years it has been open, I have never been dissapointed and come most birthdays to celebtrate with friends and family. I visited last week for the mid week menu and was pleased to see how busy it was at what I assumed would be a quiet time of year, this shows how popular the restaurant is after all these years! The food was delicious and the service friendly and efficient as ever. Excellent value for money and the surroundings just make it feel that extra bit special.

• Visited January 2011

West Yorkshire
“Not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2011

We went here for my wife’s birthday in December 2011 because we have been here several times so we should have known better

The food used to be outstanding but somehow it has lost its edge, it is not because we have become fussier. The quality has slipped and the prices increased.

It is a real shame because I was really looking forward to a few beers in The Works and an excellent meal. The meal was good but not astounding as it once was.

• Visited December 2010
2 Thank IT_Contractor
“Absolute favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

This is my favourite place. It's totally charming. You are immediately made to feel at home, though the vintage style decor is beautiful and could be straight from a magazine. They have created a relaxed environment where attention to detail is paid to everything and the food and service at Gimbals are equally special. I am never disappointed here, whether it's a spontaneous night out in the week or for a very special meal. Judging by it's popularity, most of Halifax feels the same.

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and a great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

I visited Gimbals with my boyfriend a few months ago, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and night. The menu had plenty of choice and the food was excellent, I had the belly pork and my boyfriend had the rib eye steak, which was cooked to perfection, the portion sizes were just right and we were left with just enough room for their delicious truffles which I highly reccomend to have with a coffee at the end of the night. The service was very attentive but not overwhelming. I thought the atmosphere was intimate whilst remaining welcoming and friendly, and the vintage decor added to the mood. I would reccomend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates excellant food and wants a pleasant evening.

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

There are quite a few nice places to eat in Halifax but Gimbals is probably my favourite, i recently visited with my girlfriend for my birthday and had great meal once again,its the only restaurant in Halifax(that i can think of) that has such relaxed lighting and atmosphere(great for a romantic evening). Also its definitley worth getting there early to have a drink in the upstairs room,opulent and stylish