I travel around this country a lot. No - I mean..a lot! At the end of a long day, I need to relax, unwind, chill out, be comfortable in my surroundings, get some good food, have a drink in a warm atmosphere and have a great nights sleep.
Out of all the places I stay at, the Willow House is by far my favourite because it gives me all of the things I've just listed. In fact, when in that area, I ONLY stay there. (11 times in the last 12 months actually).
The rooms are clean, comfortable, spacious and have all those little extra things that so many of the big hotel chains simply get wrong. From the moment you arrive, you're made to feel welcome - there is a really nice personal touch. (Again, something that larger hotel chains just haven't got yet..)
The food is excellent. Whether eating from the varied bar menu or in the bigger restaurant. Always freshly prepared and home-cooked. The beers are excellent! Always some good real ales to try. The atmosphere is warm and homely and is to be expected as it is a 16th century inn! Low beams and real fires. Just perfect.
Breakfast is excellent and always sets me up for the day! You have to try it!
Yes - I travel here on business, but if I were to look for anywhere to go for a short stay outside of work in Norfolk, I would be looking here and would have no hesitation in booking myself a room.
You are a gem, Willow House. Glad I found you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Willow House, a beautiful sixteenth century thatched grade two listed building. Located in Norfolk, Breakland. The villages of Griston, Thompson, Sayham Toney, Hingham, Ashill, shipdam, Brandon, Mundford, Bodney and Towns of Thetford, Dereham, & Swafham surround the market town of Watton. Norwich 20 miles away. Our food varies from traditional bar snacks and daily specials, full A La Carte and Table D'hote menus. We offer a large selection of 'Real Ale'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Willow House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Willow House Hotel Watton
- The Willow House Watton, Norfolk