“Weekend Stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Watton B&B and Inns
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Weekend Stay”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed at The Willow House for 2 nights made to feel very welcome.
Room was clean and comfortable, staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good, all food was piping hot.
Ate in the pub section for evening meal, very nice, lots of choice.
Plenty of car parking space.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Willow H, Manager at The Willow House, responded to this review, 13 February 2015
Thank you Maureen for taking your time to write your review, and are pleased to read you were happy with your visit.

We do hope to see you again in the future.

Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had a fantastic two night stay here in august. Rooms cleaned daily and fresh bed sheets and would defiantly visit again Was a very friendly atmosphere.and staff are very helpful and attentive to your needs.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your positive review and we are glad to see you enjoyed your experience with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards.
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Driving into Watton didn't give a good impression of the area, we had driven through so many pretty villages, but once you arrive at the the Willows it was a lovely building. The rooms are not in the main building but separate 'chalets' behind. Ours was well appointed, very comfy bed, my only minor criticism would be that the decor was quite bland which made the room feel a bit cold, could use some colour to warm it up. Gorgeous breakfast in the morning, would go back again.

• Stayed August 2014
Willow H, Manager at The Willow House, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you Sally D for taking your time to write a review for The Willow House, and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have passed your comments on about the room décor, and hopefully shall soon review the rooms soon.

Norwich
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I recently went to the willow house for a nice lunch on a Friday, it was fairly dead but there appeared to be no one at the bar, my husband and I waited at the bar for around 10 minutes before anyone came out, after that decided to leave. I have been on a few occasions and had a lovely experience but there is one member of staff, a lady with brown hair who is not very pleasent and In my experience shouldn't be behind a bar

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank Emily-mae89
Willow H, Owner at The Willow House, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write you review, but from a management position, I found your comments a little spurious.

We have attempted to contact you through the Tripadvisor message service to provide us with a date for which Friday it was when you were ‘left waiting’ and to provide us with details of your experiences why you feel one of our staff members is ‘not very pleasant’, so we can address both of the issues you have made comment, this message was left over a week ago, and we have since had no reply.

Neither one of our 2 female members of staff with brown hair who work on the bar has any recollection of an incident where a couple left before they were served.

Sometimes customers do incur a wait at the bar as staff members have to take orders and serve other customers, take orders into the kitchen and even change barrels- it is a pub after all!

However, I find it highly unlikely that you say you waited 10 minutes and no one was at the bar! You say it was fairly quiet, but we have not had a Friday shift with less than 25 covers this past year, so between 12 & 2pm there is always a member of bar staff or waiting staff to be found, attending to customer needs.

We are unsure why you believe ‘in your experience’ our staff member ‘shouldn’t be behind a bar’, especially as you haven’t replied to our query. But both our brown haired female bar staff have been working at The Willow House for a good few years and are very experienced. I am constantly being told both verbally and in reviews how helpful and friendly ALL my staff are.

You have stated that you have visited here ‘on a few occasions and had a lovely experience’ but never decided to post a reviews then( Is your glass half empty?). In fact, this is your very first and so far only review. It also took you at least 2 weeks from when you say you visited in July, to when you posted your review. It makes me wonder what it was that finally spurred you to write you first and only review so late after your experience.

I do hope in the future you return, but possibly a little more relaxed and with more patience.

Regards,

Duncan Sweeney
Owner/Proprietor
Israel
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Being a remote hotel in the countryside, I did not have high expectations but I was surprised to find a warm welcoming comfortable place, well situated in the heart of Watton, with very good restaurant in-house for dinner, and good tasty breakfast.

Room Tip: Enjoy the local restaurant!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DotyIsrael
Willow H, Manager at The Willow House, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at The Willow House. I am really happy to read that you had a good stay. We are glad you were pleasantly surprised!
We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I always worry about staying in rooms attached to a pub, but this was highly recommended so I took a chance. As soon as I arrived, I knew I'd got that I was in safe hands. A real country pub, very welcoming, comfortable etc, but not too much of a pub. I ate in the pub and had two courses. The menu was short, all cooked fresh to order and with real style, good local ingredients where possible etc. I would very happily have gone out to eat here.

The rooms were in an annexe out of sight behind the pub. All modern and a bit faceless outside, but inside they were very large indeed, very clean, lovely large bed with fresh cotton sheets, en suite shower room was simple but perfectly functional, etc etc.

Breakfast in teh restaurant was also excellent- a proper cafetiere of real coffee, and usual Full English but with proper ingredients. However, I went for the scrambled egg and salmon -again spot on.

This is the sort of place I would happily make a bit of a detour for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jonathan H
Willow H, Manager at The Willow House, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you, Jonathan for taking your time to share your experience at The Willow House.
We are really happy to read that you had a good stay and enjoyed the food.
We hope to welcome you back in the future when you take that detour!

Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I booked a group of 15 cyclists into this hotel, taking every room. A few days before the stay I had to rearrange the room allocations and Sophie could not have been more helpful in sorting that out. We were greeted warmly by Sophie when we arrived and she also served us in the bar and at the table that evening with extraordinary patience and helpfulness, as she did at breakfast too. Despite not being on the regular menu, we were served porridge at breakfast and the chef even came out to make sure we were happy with it (we were). The evening food and other breakfast dishes were fresh and beautifully cooked. The rooms are comfortable but not luxurious. For service, food quality, choice of beers and value-for-money, this hotel cannot be faulted.

Room Tip: The third bed in the triple room is a put-me-up bed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Willow H, Manager at The Willow House, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you, Paul for taking your time to share your experience at The Willow House.
We are really happy to read that you had a good stay and enjoyed the food and the real ales.
Hopefully next time when you do a charity bike tour, you will ride by this way again, as it was a pleasure serving you.

Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watton
Broom Hall Country Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hilborough
The Olde Windmill Inn
The Olde Windmill Inn
#1 of 2 in Great Cressingham

Been to The Willow House? Share your experiences!