All reviewsthe pubfresh croissantsselection of beersfamily partyevening mealhigh streetnice bathroomcentury innrooms were very cleanpoached eggsbe visiting againa lovely place to staycar parkfull english breakfastduncanaccommodationensuite
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed over a two week period,
Rooms were neat tidy and clean with nice bathroom with a decent strength shower.
The real gem is the pub and restaurant, great food, in a friendly atmosphere with engaging staff, will definitely stay again when next in the area.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Willow H, Manager at The Willow House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Thank you Nick for your kind words, it was great to meet you and hope you are in the area again soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Beautiful old 16th Century Inn which has comfortable, well priced rooms, a fine selection of beers and friendly, helpful staff.
What sets The Willow House apart from most Inns of this type is Duncan, the owner/chef.
I am involved in the overall running of a private members club, I am particularly involved in the restaurant. If you are putting together a meal, whether it is fairly basic, or a complex, highly technical meal; the most important thing is that you use the very best ingredients.
Every element of this classic breakfast is carefully chosen, beautifully prepared, cooked and presented in a way which elevates it from what can often be a fairly bland start to the day, to an absolute pleasure.
My personal thoughts are that every Hotelier in the country could learn a thing or two just from Duncans Full English Breakfast.
Thank you to all of the staff for making my stay so enjoyable and I look forward to staying with you again next week.

Room Tip: Currently undergoing improvements which means that there are limited rooms available so book as soon as you can.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

It was lovely having you stay with us Nic, we hope your next visit isn't too far away. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

My son and daughter in law had their wedding reception at the Willow House and it was fabulous. Everything they wanted was accommodated and the buffet was huge and outstanding. The staff were brilliant, worked very hard for us and did a great job. Absolutely recommend The Willow House 100%.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

We are so pleased you had a great day, it was an honour that you chose us to celebrate such an important occasion.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Read a lot of reviews on this establishment so decided to give it a go .We had the ribeye steak with chips etc The steak was ok but the chips were very greasy and the tomato bit burnt on top but as the chips were so greasy really put me off the meal and didn't enjoy it that much.The service was very good nice friendly staff.Dont know if I would go there again,maybe if I were in the area .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic time for my hen party. The staff were accommodating and everything was set up for my friend. We had afternoon tea and there was a lovely selection with plenty left over! We're having our wedding reception at the willow house too and we can't wait. Thank you Sophie and Duncan for helping make our wedding plans easier.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family