I had been to stay at the Willow House on a number of occasions and was delighted by it being a good local pub with half timbering and thatch in the centre of a south Norfolk town. This week I returned after about a year and found that the rooms had improved superbly. They are a later addition ranged round a rear court and have been refurbished. My guest ( lady of some years) was a little suprised to find the Leonardo Da Vinci of Vitruvian man (1460) - almost life size - in her room, but became used to him! Don't remove it! My own room was also excellent. What has remained is the excellent restaurant. The Willow Tree is worth a visit for this alone. There are good bar meals as well and the whole ambience is welcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Willow House, a beautiful sixteenth century thatched grade two listed building. Located in Norfolk, Breakland. The villages of Griston, Thompson, Sayham Toney, Hingham, Ashill, shipdam, Brandon, Mundford, Bodney and Towns of Thetford, Dereham, & Swafham surround the market town of Watton. Norwich 20 miles away. Our food varies from traditional bar snacks and daily specials, full A La Carte and Table D'hote menus. We offer a large selection of 'Real Ale'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms and Hotels.com so you can book your The Willow House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Willow House Hotel Watton
- The Willow House Watton, Norfolk