“Trust your gps”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Shenandoah
Monterrey, Mexico
“Trust your gps”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

A little tricky to get to, but overall this hotel hits the right spot in value. The rooms are very ample and have anything you might need, here we found the comfiest bed in our trip. The breakfast far is definitely a plus, the food is varied and tasty. We stayed here because it is so close to the woodlands pavilion, and it was pretty easy to love around from here.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Cyngtz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

I have has some mixed thoughts on this place. Ill try to keep it positive. The staff is great- friendly, accommodating and helpful. It appears that they have a shuttle but I have not used it. Though the room is nice and has all if the things you would expect in a suite, it is very small and poorly laid out. It's unwelcoming walking into the door because its very tight. There's no counter space to set things in the kitchen. the TVs do not face the bed and the staff is aware of the problem because before I could get it out they told me I could rearrange the furniture. I knew this place wouldn't be that close to Houston but its more of a hike than I expected and the freeway system here requires that you keep passing the hotel and turning around to get to it. I have always heard the woodlands is one of the best neighborhoods in the USA but its really boring out here for young people. They have a nice pool but it's only outside so I haven't used it. I like the breakfast here and the free beer at night is a plus. I had a lot of things broken in my room and empty shampoo bottles when I checked in. No utensils in the kitchen. I would probably not stay here again mostly due to the location and the small room. If you travel alone you might find the room quite adequate. I noticed several rooms have dogs so maybe people stay here because of the pet policy. I know that's why I stayed here. But the room isn't big enough for us all! Pet fee was very high in my experience.

• Stayed April 2013
Amy L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your experience while at our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback. It enables us to grow as a team and to better serve our guests. I was pleased to hear your commendation of our team's service. While I regret you were not completely satisfied with the set up of your suite, I hope our team's adjustment to the furniture placement helped you to be more at ease. I have addressed your communication with our housekeeping and maintenance team as well. We hope to see you again if you find yourself in the Woodlands area.

TownePlace Suites by Marriott - The Woodlands
Dallas
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My wife was driving to the Houston area on a business trip, The Woodlands. She was to be there for the week. I had been wanting to ride by motorcycle from Dallas to Galviston, over to Corpus Christie to see the USS Lexington and the coast in between then back home. This was the perfect time. Weather was to be OK and a free place to stay in the Houston area for one night and a good meal with my wife then on my way with only one night of hotel expenses in Corpus Christie. This place was somewhat easy to find but be sure to get off on exit early if coming from the north because of traffic and watch for it as this town does not allow large signs. The staff is really good. My wife stays here every time she goes to the area. I have sent her flowers there and they always take special care of them until she arrives. The pool is very nice. Often they have very good evening snacks and the breakfast is good. The rooms are great. Parking is good and the location is great. Very clean place.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to check out the room before renting. Name brands can very. At times even the b...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Orange, CA
Reviewed 29 January 2013

The breakfast was fantastic. The quality and variety of food was outstanding. We were there on a Sunday morning and they even had copies of the local Sunday paper. We only spent one night there but wished it was more.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Amy L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience while at our hotel. We are happy you chose to make us your "home away from home" during your visit to the Woodlands. I have shared your comments with our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

TownePlace Suites by Marriott - The Woodlands
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 15 January 2013

All in all a very average hotel I would say, nothing to fault as such but do not expect anything out of the ordinary. If you have stayed at a Residence Inn this is very similar so you know what you get.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from I-45
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to review your experience at our hotel. It is through guest feedback-both positive and constructive- that we are able to grow as a team and better serve our customer. We hope to see you on your next visit to our great city.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 December 2012

checkin using reward pts.. next morning CC charge hassles that required only Manager to correct. thankfully he did it without any hassles.
employee gave us 2nd floor room tucked away in the corner with very loud guest. their kids went on and on all night and bright early next morning in front of our door etc. no peace and quiet here.

singles, couples, workers checkin without any kids. why not place away from the chaos upon request?

woke up to find out CC charged!! LIVID when we used PTS! just had bad 1 night due loud neighbors .
matters made worse by the charge errors.
credits to the professional manager lol that came in on Saturday morning at decent hour before, we check out . he did the corrections FAST on the spot. in front of the the employee that jacked things up in the first place. on the spot fast service so we had a good peaceful weekend. I'll call before returning to see if he is there next time to ensure things are done right from the start in quiet section of the hotel...

exiti was blocked by several smokers refusing to move out the doorway. so we can get by and out of the property. awkward!!

Room Tip: long trip and need some sleep? request quiet room. double check transaction.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank caligula r
Amy L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to ensure all our guests have a positive experience free from hassles and noise and I'm very sorry that this was not your experience. I can assure you that your feedback has been shared with our staff and we do our best to make sure all associates are properly trained in handling various types of reservations, including those on Marriott Rewards points.
If your travels require you to be in The Woodlands again, we do hope that you give us a second chance.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I stayed at this Hotel on a Saturday night during December. The room was beautiful and the bed was very very comfortable with great smelling sheets. The breakfast was excellent and the lobby was charming with a great fireplace. The staff was very helpful with my TV remote. I just loved it and will look forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: I liked being close to the lobby and front desk
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Candace S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shenandoah
Hyatt Place Houston / The Woodlands
Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands
Courtyard Houston North/Shenandoah
Embassy Suites by Hilton The Woodlands at Hughes Landing
Days Inn Shenandoah TX
Days Inn Shenandoah TX
#4 of 7 in Shenandoah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands

Been to TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah? Share your experiences!