“Average Marriott long stay hotel.”

TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Shenandoah
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel. I always stay here when I come down to The Laser Spine Institute. I like to stay here because it is a decent price for a long stay hotel in this area. There are some local restaurants within walking distance like The Outback and Twin Peaks. There is also a bank and ATM very close if needed. I am paying $118/night as part of a medical rate. My room has a full size refrigerator, microwave, oven top, dishwasher, coffee maker, iron, ironing board, work desk, flat screen TV, king size bed, couch and full bathroom. It is a good setup for a long stay in needed. The hotel offers an exercise room with (2) treadmills, (1) elliptical machine, (1) stationary bike and some small free weight dumbbells. They offer a buffet style breakfast every morning and dinner Monday through Wednesday. There is an outdoor swimming pool as well. It is a fairly quiet hotel and I sleep well here. They also offer a shuttle van to take you anywhere within The Woodlands area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Kyle L
Mike T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thanks so much Klye for your great review of the hotel. I think you described everything very well. We are fortunate to offer so many things to our guests whether they are here for one night or a month or longer. We do have a very clean and comfortable hotel and get many nice comments about our rooms and furnishings. You're one of many that have complimented us for our comfortable beds. I'm so glad you got a great sleep each night! I also hope you took advantage of our complimentary breakfast and evening social. It is a great amenity we're pleased to offer our guests. We do have a great location close to shopping and restaurants of which The Woodlands has plenty of both. Thanks again for a great review and I hope to see you back when you visit the area.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

As most should know this line of Marriotts is designed for long-term stays although I stayed there overnight for a business trip. I was amazed that for a Marriott property (and I've stayed at dozens) how cheap this place felt. The heater smelled (#320), the toilet ran, the furniture was out of date and worn and worst of all, the sheets must have been 30 years old, very thin and poor quality. Yes, it is convenient to a lot of things, that's why I picked it in the first place but next time, I'll drive a little further and stay someplace nicer. My recommendation for typical business travelers to avoid this property.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Mike T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

I'm always interested in the guests reviews of our hotel and our staff as it let's us know how we're doing. It appears we really dropped the ball on your visit. The hotel is only 5 years old and we have received many compliments about the rooms and it's furnishings. I feel we have a great housekeeping staff and they take real pride in the hotel. It is set up to accommodate exteded stay guests but we have many guests that are with us for one night. The property has recently been taken over by a new management company and we are working hard to make it the kind of place you will want to return each time you visit the Woodlands. Some positive thins are happening and I feel sure you'll see some great changes if you'll give us another chance. I do apologize for any inconveniences and do hope to see you again if you return to the area. Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was here for one month and a half, its a nice place, has a lot of stuff close ... and the enviroment is nice... the food is really bad at the hotel but there is a lot of restaurants really close.. the mall its closes and there is a van whcich its is avialable to take you anywhere at the woodlans... the night life at the woodlands its fun.. 2 differents clubs and one bar make the difference

Room Tip: 105, 107 , 205 207 are the biggest rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kamilin12345

Thanks so much for posting your comments about your visit. Our staff strives to make every guests' stay an enjoyable one. I'm sure since you were here for a month you got to know the hotel and friendly staff well. I'm glad overall you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry to read you didn't enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast buffet or our complimentary evening social Monday through Wednesday. We do change up the menus of each for our extended stay guests. We do offer transportation to restaurants and shopping within a 5 mile radius of the hotel and there are restaurants within walking distance. I hope if you are in the area you'll visit us again. Thanks again for your comments!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hotel is conveniently located to The Woodlands Mall, Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion, and a plethora of restaurants. The property is a basic packaged Town Place Suites. Our room had a "squeaky" A/C unit that prevented a good nights sleep. I reported at check out and trust they will repair as the overall property condition was acceptable. Decent property, but nothing special.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The location is why I chose this hotel. For my business trip it was central to the locations I was visiting. Large comfortable room met my needs but the air conditioning unit was very loud. It was 100 degrees during the daytime, so I couldn't do without it. Breakfast buffet good. Hotel was clean and staff were friendly. Each time I stay at a Marriott suites hotel though I wonder why they cannot get their sheets on the bed more comfortable. They always seem to wrinkle up during the night and I find myself having to try to straighten them out frequently. Makes for not the most comfortable sleep. Would stay again for the convenience, and put up with the sheets.
Very convenient to the Woodlands restaurants. Outback restaurant walking distance from the hotel, for others, a car is needed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed here for the first time due to having business in the Woodlands for 5 days. It has a bit of a motel feel to it, but honestly this hotel is better than some 4-star hotels I stayed at in Europe. It's clean, homely, nice breakfast, nice pool, ok gym (small) and great friendly staff! The breakfast is served on plastic plates, but taste is fine. Smoking anywhere outside. I slept like a baby in their comfy beds. All good, in other words.
Driving tip: if you have gps troubles and don't like the ride-along, take the backroad, Grogans Mills road, to get you around the Woodlands. It won't show up on your gps but just turn left when you exit the hotel and you will get where you need to go anyway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Amy L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott - The Woodlands. We certainly appreciate your kind words. I have shared your feedback with our team! We hope to see you on your next visit to the Woodlands.

Warm Regards,
Amy Lusk

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

A little tricky to get to, but overall this hotel hits the right spot in value. The rooms are very ample and have anything you might need, here we found the comfiest bed in our trip. The breakfast far is definitely a plus, the food is varied and tasty. We stayed here because it is so close to the woodlands pavilion, and it was pretty easy to love around from here.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Cyngtz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shenandoah
Hyatt Place Houston / The Woodlands
SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands
Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands
Candlewood Suites Houston, The W...
#13 of 18 in The Woodlands
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands
Embassy Suites by Hilton The Woodlands at Hughes Landing
Courtyard Houston North/Shenandoah

Been to TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah? Share your experiences!