“Nice Place”

TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Shenandoah
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If one needs to stay several days, this hotel is a great option. The rooms are nicely furnished with a lovely little kitchen with large refrigerator, dishwasher and two burner stove and furnished with everything to prepare food. However, if one is not interested in preparing meals, the free breakfast in the morning plus the evening offerings are enough for this reviewer. The evening offering of beer, red and white wine was a surprise. The pool area was nice and there is an outdoor fireplace in the patio which would be nice but it was never on during my visit. There are laundry facilities at a reasonable price and they did a good job of keeping the rooms clean. It's a fairly convenient location to the mall and other attractions. A little drive to downtown Houston or the Bush airport, however.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank deanoffice
Mike T, Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thanks so much for the comments you posted regarding your stay. I'm certainly pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We do receive many positive comments on our daily breakfast and our evening social which is held every Monday-Wednesday night from 5-7 PM. We offer a light dinner and beer and wine during the social. Our staff is proud to offer very clean and comfortable rooms and our staff strives to deliver the outstanding Marriott customer service that our guests expect. We are located in a great location near shopping and restaurants if that is your plan or stay at the hotel and enjoy our pool and fitness center. The patio does feature a fireplace and if the weather is conducive, please ask the front desk and they'll turn it on for you. We hope if business or pleasure brings you back to the Woodlands you'll stay with us again! Thanks again for your kind remarks!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Great value and excellent staff!! Stayed for a night for a concert at Cynthia Woods Pavillion. Free shuttle to the venue and an easy cab ride home. Friendliest staff I've ever encountered at a hotel. Very clean and a free hot breakfast..... I will definitely recommend!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kim M
Mike T, Task Force Manager MCR Development at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thanks Kim for your very nice comments. We are pleased to have guests stay with us that attend concerts at the Cynthia Mitchell Pavilion. We do provide shuttle service to this venue and other locations within five miles of the hotel, based on availability, and I'm so glad we could accommodate your group. The staff also prides itself on providing a great guest experience for those who just want to relax in their clean and comfortable rooms at the hotel. Either way, we're glad that you enjoyed your visit and hope you'll come back and stay with us again!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Very satisfied. Friendly helpful staff. Great value. Room was comfortable and clean. Definately would stay again. Great location and easy to find. Hard to find such a nice hotel for that price any more.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Cotillion67
Mike T, Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments about your recent stay. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. It's our chance to know what we're doing well and where we have opportunities to improve. I'm very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our housekeeping staff works hard to provide a clean and comfortable room for all of our guests. I'm glad our staff was able to show you some excellent Marriott customer service. We pride ourselves on our service and am glad to hear you'll stay with us again on future trips to the area! Thanks again for your kind comments!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Great location -near the woodlands- and reasonably priced. Wonderful breakfast- eggs, sausage, fruit, oatmeal. In the evening fruit and coffee and cookies are provided. Your room has a stove top, full refrigerator and microwave as well as cookware. Beds are comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: Both bottom or top floor are good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dana C
Mike T, Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thanks Dana for your nice review! The staff works hard to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay with us! It looks like we were successful for your visit!

Thanks for mentioning our breakfast. I'm so glad this was a highlight of your visit. We have many nice comments about the variety of items we serve. We like to think we have something for every one of our guests.

I'm also pleased you found our location convenient for the things you wanted to do in the Woodlands. There's a great deal to do in the area and we're happy to be in the middle of it all.

Thanks again for sharing your comments and I hope next time you're in the area you'll stay with us again!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The TownePlace Suites Houston The Woodlands far exceeded our expectations. There are many hotels to pick from in The Woodlands area in this price range but this one is fantastic! The hotel lobby is welcoming with flowers on the breakfast tables and a nice lounge area. At reception are sometimes cookies or great hand lotions to sample. Their sundries are plenty and includes laundry soap if you want to use the laundry facility on location which is nice and clean. The WiFi worked fast and the room had great amenities. In the room is a small, yet adequate, kitchenette. In the closet is a laundry basket if you need to wash clothes. They make everything very easy. Breakfast offers enough choices and coffee to get you going. Really, I can't say enough nice about the hotel. We were in The Woodlands for a visit but previously lived there for years. We know the area well and will definitely stay at the TownePlace Suites Houston The Woodlands again on our next visit. Oh yes, I can't forget to say that the staff was very, very nice. Judy Johnston, Director of Sales, was at reception when we left and she could not have been more pleasant.. Thanks to the staff for making our stay so quiet and nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thanks so much for sharing your comments about your stay. It's the best way for us to know how we're doing! I'm so glad to hear you had a great stay with us. We try really hard to exceed each guests' expectation and it looks like in your case we were successful! We have found it's a lot of the "little" things that we do that make the difference. I'm glad you noticed them and they made your stay very special. We have a great staff and offer very clean and comfortable rooms to all of our guests. I certainly hope if you're back in the area you will once again choose the Marriott Towneplace Suites in the Woodlands to stay! Thanks again for posting your comments. They are very much appreciated!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here for 2 month and this hotel is really suitable as long stay hotel. They have large room with comfy bed, also each amenity was provided. Everything is good including the cleanliness, staff, car hotel, and facility. The minus point for me is only the food, less varied. Must be very boring to eat almost same food everyday for guest who has long stay like me.
Although they have gym, but I prefer to jogging outside hotel, so fresh and the track was good. The shutter van is very unreliable, you can ask them to take you around Woodlands and also they will pick you up on time as your request for free.
Highly recommended for you who has long stay for business trip.

Room Tip: If you smoker, choose room on first floor. It has outside balcony with chairs. And the air circulati...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Mike T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thanks so much for sharing your comments about your extended stay at the end of last year. I always like guest comments as it lets me know how we are doing. I'm glad you were overall satisfied with everything. I think we have a gretastaff and do a very good job providing a clean and comfortble room and great marriott customer service. I noted your comments about the food and having a variety. We do have a number of extended stay guests in your situation so we change the egg types and change the meat/protein we offer on a daily basis but like anything after 2 months staying in one place I'm sure I'm sure it loses some of its appeal. I'm disappointed in your comments about our shuttle. We offer shuttle service from 9am - 9 PM everyday. With the large number of people from your group requesting shuttle service there were times when we were not able to acommodate everyone's schedule exactly but we did try to accommodate all requests as much as possible. We do offer a nice fitness room with all the basic equipment but have a nice jogging trail through a quiet neighborhood and I'm glad you took advantage of that. All Marriott hotels are non-smoking and we attempt to put smokers near exits so they have easy access to smoking areas. We only have 4 patio rooms like you described and so they are always in great demand by all of our guests. We do everyting we can to accommodate all of our guests requests if at all possible.

I thank you again for your comments and hope if business or pleasure bring you back to our area you'll come stay with us again.

Thanks!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Our stay was very pleasant-all staff from guest register to cleaning to food service were friendly and helpful. Room was large, bed was comfortable, and every amenity was provided. I was somewhat apprehensive when a saw a negative comment, but my experience was completely different. Either there has been some extensive renovation done very recently, or someone just had a bad day. Nothing at all in our room or experience that any reasonable person could complain about, in fact, it was much better than places I have paid much more for. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you don't need your refrigerator, you might want to turn it off. Ours made a little noise, no...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thanks so much for your remarks concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I'm very pleased we exceeded your expectations! We do have a very friendly staff and we work hard to make sure every guest has a great experience. I'm glad you found our rooms to be very clean and comfortable and that you also enjoyed the great hot breakfast buffet we provide each morning, We hope you'll come back and stay with us during the week and enjoy our evening social Monday through Wednesday evening from 5:30-7:00 PM when we offer a light dinner including beer and wine. Thanks again for your kind comments. My staff will appreciate hearing that their hard work is being noticed! Please contact me anytime I can be of assistance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shenandoah
Home2 Suites by Hilton Shenandoah the Woodlands
Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands
Candlewood Suites Houston, The W...
#15 of 18 in The Woodlands
Hyatt Place Houston / The Woodlands
Best Western Plus The Woodlands
Best Western Plus The Woodlands
#16 of 18 in The Woodlands
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR
Comfort Suites Near the Woodlands

Been to TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah? Share your experiences!