“Confused Review” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Houston, Texas
“Confused Review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and i went to Bennigan's-Woodlands on 4/18/2014 and we were greeted nicely and taken to our table, but after awhile...(crickets) then a lady came by to ask if we had been helped and we said "no" she took our drink order, then someone else came by and took our order. Then we had someone else to serve our order and this went on and on.We were confused on who to tip and who was our actual server. We had a side caesar salad $2.99, and the Monte Cristo $9.00 my husband had was huge and deep fried(WOW) but he took the left overs. I had the Classic Burger with a veggie patty and onion rings. I had to eat the patty and veggies because the wheat bun was dry and stale but other than that it was ok. We did have a coupon for the brownie bottom pie that I remembered from the old school Bennigan's

• Visited April 2014

USA
“Not close of what it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We were avid customers of the original place back in the days I. Houston.
This place has no the menu, nor the flavor of the original establishment. It was just good to try and move on to a better restaurant.
Not really recommended since we have plenty of better choices in the woodlands.

Conroe
“Return to old favorite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We were pleased to see this old favorite being built close to home. We chose to visit after the noon rush to be focused on the food and service. The service was good at first. I ordered the fish and chips featured on the menu. The fish was enormous, the fries were fresh, the slaw was bland. The fish was cooked at the wrong temperature so it looked burnt and the covering was tasteless. My wife ordered the club sandwich. She raved about that. If we go back I will order what I remember being very good at the original Bennigans - steak.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Spring, Texas
“Great food, service needs some work....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We have missed Bennigan's and were ready to try the new one in our area. We were seated right away and our server was prompt and friendly in getting our drink orders. Our table was 'wobbly', so my husband put a few sugar packets under the leg....an older couple sat at a booth near us and had the same problem. The host asked the server about the wobbly table and she told him and the couple that "that's just the way it is."
Our sever did visit our table throughout our meal and did the normal suggestive selling. Unfortunately, she forgot the lemon for our tea, that we asked for....and finally brought it right before she brought the check.
The food was good. My Monte Cristo was as I remembered them - delicious. My husband had the fish and chips and he was pleased. The quantity of food is more than expected.
When we were leaving, my husband looked for a toothpick - they had none.
This location is fairly new. They have the food down, but need to tweak the service. Everyone was friendly, but they seemed a little disorganized and lacked a level of professionalism.
We will go back and try again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Conroe, Texas
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

This place is a joke!! No one knows what they are doing! They know nothing about the food and can't answer any of your questions. It took forever to get out food then it was soggy!!!! The owner was completely unprofessional! He said he didn't care and didn't have time to be bothered!!!! Will never go back here!!

Visited January 2014