“Not a 4 star hotel”
Review of Hotel Dixon

Hotel Dixon
“Not a 4 star hotel”
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

The biggest problem of this hotel is management! Completly unmotivated staff, very slow style of services, all the time any small wish an problem. Wifi very slow, rooms relative clean, wellness average. Location of hotel good for business travelers. Just sleep ang go hotel...

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Prague
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Unfortunately I had to stay in this hotel many times. My advice us to stay away from so called 4 star hotel which is an absolute nonsense. The hotel is clean and the reception staff helpful but these are the only positives points of the hotel. The rooms lack any usual amenities, the deteriorating furniture, broken windows. The breakfast is a joke, with nearly no choice, eggs and sausage very cold, juice undrinkable, also the coffee.

The quality of restaurant food is low and not corresponding to the description in the menu. Funnily enough Caprese salad included just 4 small cherry tomatoes. And be warned that the waiters can kick you off the restaurant just before 10 pm simply by switching off the lights, really rude.

There are many conference rooms which are acceptable, but WI-FI in the rooms does not work very well.

This hotel could be very good if redesigned and managed in the different way.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank duhoz

Travellers are raving about these Banska Bystrica Region hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Our tour stayed two nights at this hotel. They gave us the worst rooms with little kiddy single beds low to the ground. The showers were useless and flooded the bathroom. Breakfast was very limited and greasy. They refused to serve breakfast the morning we left early, but instead packed cheese sandwiches on soggy white rolls with limp lettuce for us. All in all, I would not recommend this place. Shame, because it looked like a nice town, but this hotel was too far away from it.

Room Tip: Ask for a business room with a walk in shower and find somewhere else to eat.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Bratislava
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I just came back from Banska Bystrica, where I stayed in hotel Dixon, where I was invited to attend working group together with international delegates from all over Europe and Slovakia.

First of all, they declare being a 4star hotel, which is an abolute nonsense. I do now know where to start. First of all, there was no lift so I had to take the stairs and carry my luggage there. The room is ok, altough not very nice or modern. Very simple, furniture not very new. The main problem in the bathroom is, that there is abolutely no place to put your stuff on, even the sink is really weird, and you cannot put your toothbrush there, because it would fall down.

The worst think is the service and communication with guests. First thing that happened right in the morning was, that a bag of one of the colleauges was stolen. In a four star hotel, I would expect the staff to help and take the guest to the police (at least), as it happened i their hotel and there was noone there but our party and the employees.

In the evening, we had a small reception buffet, but the waiter was obviously annoyed and he was trying to kick us out even before 10pm by turning off the lights. We actually had some bottles of wine alread open, but we left, as it was extremely rude and uncomfortable.

So we went to the city center to have some drinks. At around 6:15am, reception called me and woke me up, becuase some of our friends left to the airport, but they forgot they passports at the reception and they did not have any phone contact of aynone. First of all- in a 4 star hotel (or actually any hotel I have ever stayed in) it is not common to hold passport at the reception during the stay. Even if they have this kind of ridiculous rule, it is the responsibility of the receptionist to give it back while checking out.

In the morning I went to have breakfast, and the waiter made me go back to my room to get a ticket I got at the reception the deay before- by the check in no one told me that I need this peace of paper to get the breakfast. They actually had a list of guests, but were not willing to use it... Breakfast itsefl was quite poor, coffee undrinkable.

The whole experience was very unpleasant. The only positive experience was with a lady at the bar- she was very nice and helpful.

To sum it up- I have no idea, how this hotel makes its money, but they definitely do not want guests to come and stay, or even come back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business