INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Wies'n Loft(Munich)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree mini barbusiness tripfree wifitrain stationmodern hotelper daypublic transportnice restaurantworking wifiaverage servicemelia rewardsbar and restaurantrecommend this hotelshort walkwould definitely stay here againbusiness travelercoffee machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I visited this Hotel on Sept 22nd during the Oktoberfest in Munich. All hotels in Munich were sold out or too expensive. I got a great deal for EUR 95 including breakfast. The rooms were fantastic and breakfast was great. The hotel seems to be newly built and rooms were very modern. The location is not in Munich main but a 15 min ride by S-Bahn S2 from Munich central. The station is a further 10 min walk away from the hotel.

Likes
- Free Mini Bar
- Breakfast
- Modern Rooms
- Super Clean
- Large Rooms
- the morning reception staff was very helpful in giving you information

Dislikes
- Far away
- They dont seem to like late check ins
- No free wireless internet (paid EUR 5.95), free wired internet though
- Breakfast refills can be slow

Room Tip: Don'e forget to utilize the free mini bar. Rooms have a glass shower.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
INNSIDECK, Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the INNSIDE by Meliá München Neue Messe for your stay during the Oktoberfest.

We hope that you had a pleasant journey back home. We would like to thank you for taking your time to give us the feedback on Tripadvisor.

Without your ideas and suggestions, it is difficult for us to improve our standards and to increase the quality constantly.

To your point regarding our wireless internet, we would like to inform you that we currently found a new provider, soon we will change so that our guests will have a perfect and convenient access to the internet.

Dear Guest, we are looking forward to welcome you again. For further questions and information, we are of course available for you.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I would say totally average hotel. Average rooms, average furniture, average staff. Unfortunately I had room in the ground floor. There is nice parking lot. But honestly say I have no needs to go back exactly to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I have been there in December and was absolutely positive (read my review), but this time I was sincerely disappointed.
First, the front desk was nice as usual, although a bit uncomfortably busy, and the lady with the very strong eastern accent seemed to be distracted by something.
When I asked for the code for the WiFi, which is not included in the high room rates (!!), she didn't give me access to the hotels network but handed me a prepaid card from t-mobile, with the info it is cheaper.
When I got to my room and checked everyhing, I opened the door of the shower cabin, which is located inthe middle of the room as part of an open style bathroom. The stench that came from inside the shower almost made me sick. It smelled like old urines, like a dirty public restroom! As the cabin is in the room, I had to pour hot water and open the windows for some hours to get rid of the stench!
The WiFi didnt work properly, I had hardly a signal, no matter which device I used (iPhone, Android tablet or Windows laptop...);
When I wanted to check out the next morning, therewere about 20 people in line! I waited for more than 20 minutes, which troubled my tight schedule. When in line I asked if it would be possible to get a secondfront desk clerk, asthe lady was all alone, and she simply snapped at me "No it's not!"

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
INNSIDECK, Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for your stay with us as well as for your review and your experience during your visit in our INNSIDE by Meliá Neue Messe.

We would like to take the opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you have
experienced during your stay with us.

The company aims to consistently deliver a professional service to our customers and I was very glad to read, that you have chosen our hotel to host you once again in Munich.

Regarding to your complaint, I can understand that you are annoyed about this circumstances, I already informed the team to sort these suggestions and comments out and to offer our INNSIDE-Service in the best quality. Also your constructive critic regarding the WiFi is going to be taken seriously in order to implement changes in our ongoing restructuring process.

We would be pleased to be able to show you these changes on your next visit.

I apologize for this unfortunate experience and I hope that this disadvantage is not going to prevent you to book our hotel again in the future.

Please accept our honest apology for any annoyance that this unfortunate matter may have caused to you.

I hope that you will offer us an opportunity to welcome you again.

I am convinced that our quality in different service levels will be satisfying when you visit us soon.

If you have any further doubts or you would like to make a new reservation I kindly invite you to contact me personally on the email address christine.klein@melia.com.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Room is clean, breakfast is good. The hotel itself is looking good and it is located in a beautiful area. However, it is located in suburb and the public transport is just terrible for travelers who are planning to have a visit to downtown. For details and images, feel free to visit my journal http://www.travelorbs.com/Stories/1

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
INNSIDECK, Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Dear Guests,

we would like to thank you for you stay at the Innside by Meliá München Neue Messe as well as for your positive review. We regret that the location of the hotel did not meet your expectations during your stay.

It is true that the Innside by Meliá München Neue Messe is located outside the city center close to the exhibition center and the train station Riem. You can reach the “Marienplatz” via “S-Bahn" (S2) within a maximum of 15 minutes. The hotel offers, as needed, sufficient of parking in our garage.

Even if you were not fully satisfied with the location we hope to welcome you back in our hotel.

If you have any further doubts or would like to make a new reservation I kindly invite you to contact me personally on the email address christine.klein@melia.com.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 17 February 2013

The hotel is very modern looking (glass, concrete, and metal) and the rooms are also modernistic (reminded me of the Jetson's). Because the hotel is located in a business park, it is very quiet at night, which I enjoyed. Also, keep in mind that because it's in a business park, there isn't anything to do at night in walking distance and Munich is a 10-15 minute car ride. The rates were reasonable and the staff was very friendly.

My room rate included breakfast at the buffet (maybe this is always included?), which had a very nice variety of foods to choose from.

Please note that although DSL is free, it requires an ethernet cable which the hotel did not have, and the Wi-Fi was 5 EUR per day. There is a hairdryer in the room but no ironing board (maybe the front desk has one?).

This was a great hotel for a business trip, but not if you're here for a vacation.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
INNSIDECK, Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Guest,

we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your stay in our INNSIDE München Neue Messe as well as for the time completing your feedback in Tripadvisor.de, your opinion is very important for us.

With great pleasure we have forwarded your compliments to our Hotel-Team receiving a very positive response. Also we listed the ironing board as a preference for you.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in Munich.

For your next reservation please do not hesitate to contact us, we would be glad to assist you.