“Good for one night”

INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Aschheim
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hotel check in was easy. The room was like the Jetsons cartoon: euro modern, weird. The shower was in the middle of the room, like a big aquarium and was the focus of the room set up. The bed was large, but with one single square pillow was a bit odd. The walls were bare and the floor were had a cold feeling. I had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and the food was good and satisfying. For business I asked for wireless and they lent me this complex set of wires and cables that required too much concentration. I usually like Melia hotels, but the rooms here are a bit quirky.

Room Tip: get upper level on the sunny side
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was convenient for us since it is off the crowded city and in a nice quite location. Free parking on the street was a plus. However, the front desk super visor was horrible and I believe that she is the wrong person for the job. We were two but she gave us a single room. Other staff were friendly and cooperative, the restaurant food was very tasty and clean.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
INNSIDECK, Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear AS-Abdullah,

Thank you a lot for your recent stay at our INNSIDE Neue Messe! We really appreciate the time you spent to share your experience at Trip Advisor.

I would like to express my deepest apologies for the negative experience you had with one of our Team members. Please be assured that we already did the necessary internal follow up. We try to coach our team on a daily basis. Due to your support, we can learn, where and how we can improve our service.

Thank you for this! In this case we already set certain goals for our team member so that we can work on the service delivery!

Once again we say thank you for your stay with us. It is great to know that you enjoyed your time! We appreciate the compliments.
See you very soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Usually I stay at the Innside Munich Schwabing, my new assistant booked my this time at the Innside Neue Messe. The Hotel is OK, but really not good. Rooms are clean, but ugly.

The location, if you are not visiting the fair, is not good, and they still haven't managed to provide wireless internet. (They will give you a router though to create your won WI-FI)

So if you are booking a night in an INNSIDe in MUC make sure that it is the one in Schwabing

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Anton A,

we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your visit at the INNSIDE Neue Messe as well as the time that you spent to write about your experience. Especially as you are our regular guest at the INNSIDE Schwabing we are very keen to learn from your experience.

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, due to our design. It is true that we have a special approach when it comes to our room structure. Our guests usually enjoy this modern experience with our shower and the bath.

In regards to our free WiFi we do offer two different solutions. One is the "own WiFi" how you described it. Further, we do also offer WiFi codes so you can lo in to different hot spots in the Hotel. The whole Service is complimentary and accessible within the whole building.

Once again we would like to say thank you for staying at the INNSIDE Neue Messe. We are looking forward to visiting you again at our Schwabin property, as this is the one you are usually staying at.

All the best from the whole Team.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hotel is very nice, food is good for breakfast and room service. Thecservice in general is acceptable.sleeping experience is algo good. For sure the big value is tobe close to fair places and this is why it can be chosen for that. But it is far from other restaurants. Good also because of airport you don't need to go through city. You can collect miles.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed during an exhibition in Munich. To say the hotel capitalises on this is an understatement, expensive and unfortunately I dont feel justified.
WiFi is a convoluted 'borrow a box, plug into the one free socket in your room' scenario and was not reliable.
The shower in your room concept failed (for me)-odd design not inspirational (as I imagined it was trying to be). The single duvet and single pillow may be a local offering in terms of the German market, however this hotel is trying to serve International customers. The bed being minimalist was uncomfortable.
Food during our meeting looked beautiful-served on individual plates (per item) but was grossly insufficient in terms of quantity and variety (one lunch was 70% fish).
Staff were generally friendly.
Overall this would not be my choice when in Munich again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Innside is a modern hotel on the outskirts of Munich, good quality finishes in the rooms, quiet at night (business district, not much happening) and a good restaurant for a night in. Good choice for business in the area (lots of companies within walking distance).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The designers have obviously been to town on this hotel with the rooms having a somewhat quirky feel - having the shower in the middle of the room in a glass cubicle struck me as a little odd - OK if you are on your own but not so great for families I would guess. Other weird and wonderful things included the bedside lights being bolted to the bedside table which made location of water and alarm clock a little difficult; there was no chain across the door or other way I could find to secure the door from inside - perhaps it's OK but as a single female, I like to have the additional security. The curtains didn't seem to stretch across the entire length of the window so I was a bit wary of taking a shower in my glass cubicle at night with the lights on!! When I asked about the free wifi I was told that they would need to bring up a router to the room (I was on the 3rd floor) - I didn't bother as it was late when I got there so make sure you ask at reception first. Finally, I am still puzzled as to why German hotels insist on a postage stamp of a duvet on the bed and this hotel was no exception. That aside, the staff were friendly enough and breakfast was a fairly decent spread.

Room Tip: Avoid 3rd floor or check how far the free wifi extends without having to get a router brought to the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aschheim
NH Munchen Ost Conference Center
2 mi away
NH Munchen Messe
NH Munchen Messe
#90 of 389 in Munich

Been to INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe? Share your experiences!