“A bargain in-between trade fairs”

INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Aschheim
GreenLeadersGold level
Munich, Germany
“A bargain in-between trade fairs”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Although I'm a local I sometimes need to book a hotel in the vicinity of Munich for relatives and friends. The Melia may not be in the city centre but Munich is easy to reach via subway fro there. during trade fairs the Melia is not a cheap place to stay but if you are in between those something you should look at. it is a classy 4 star business hotel that features a nice breakfast and good fitness.
As I said: if its the holiday season it is something you should look at if you are a couple or alone as a tourist.
please note: it's not a family hotel although you can manage with children

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
INNSIDEAG, Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Chris-tra,

First of all we say thank you for choosing us as your hotel of choice for your family and friends. It is really great to learn that they all enjoy their stay with us.

Feel free to contact us any time for future bookings! We are looking Forward to meeting you in the future.

Have a great time & take care!
Your neighbours from the INNSIDE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Czech first
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed in Innside during my business trip. I made this choice as the hotel is in walking distance from my office.

1. Hotel does not have 24h service. when I ordered additional towels, receptionist left reception to bring them to me.
2. Internet connection - only one connection for only one device available and not working at all! For additional access you need to create your own account @deutsche telekom, providing your own credit card - this is really not what I expect from business hotel.
3. Mosquito, and again Mosquito. I did not sleep very well as /without window opened/ there were many mosquito in my room - most probably from vent
4. No safe in the room - which is a problem when you are traveling with Laptop, tablet and other devices.

Overall, the room was nice and clean, bed very comfortable. But this Hotel is clearly an old office renovated into hotel.

Breakfast were good, bar is small and the service very slow.

I would not recommend this hotel for a business traveler and will definitely not stay there during my next stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Spent a night here with our family. Got two very decent adjacent rooms. Hotel is situated in a business district, i.e. desolated at night, but very easy to reach by car. S-bahn station is approx 8 minutes walk, and it will take you into the center in minutes. Guests get their own little WiFi routers upon check-in, so WiFi reception is excellent in the rooms. We'd go here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
INNSIDEAG, Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Jurrien P,

a huge thank you to you and your family for staying with us.
It was a pleasure having you as guests and we are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Best regards from Munich
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel about 5 times as my employer is located just around the corner on the Humboldtstr. Each stay over has been good - uncomplicated- and stress free. The rooms as other reviewers have commented - have a modern - fresh / clean feel to them and I was very satisfied each time I was there. The staff on the front desk were always courteous, polite and professional towards me, and I never had any cause to complain. I found the rooms to be clean, the beds comfortable, and the layout easy. Everything functioned nicely. The breakfast was good in a nice size breakfast / dining room which is bright and clean. The service was good - the waiters very helpful and attentive. Lots of selection and a nice big coffee pot on the table for self - refills ;-). One thing I can say is that the steaks are very nice for evening meal !

• Stayed March 2014
INNSIDECK, Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Symbol41,

We would like to express our appreciation for your stay at the INNSIDE Neue Messe and the time you took to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

It is great to learn that over the last five stays you enjoyed the hotel, our team and especially our service. We are very glad to learn that you are already part of our INNSIDE Family and are looking Forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Sunny and best regards from Munich
Aschheim
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Although I saw some negative comments on it here on tripadvisor, I do not have any. Indeed, the rooms have a kind of special "modern" design, with a glas-walled shower in the middle of the room, but I experienced this as a welcome change to the standard hotel-rooms. Free wired internet worked well, and a wifi access point could be borrowed for free at the reception. Nice and complete breakfast buffet too!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

INNSIDECK, Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Johan V,

We send you a big thank you for staying at the INNSIDE Neue Messe! It is great to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We especially appreciate the time that you spent to write about your experience with us.

We have already passed on your great feedback to our whole Team. All of them send their best regards.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Sunny regards from Munich
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hotel check in was easy. The room was like the Jetsons cartoon: euro modern, weird. The shower was in the middle of the room, like a big aquarium and was the focus of the room set up. The bed was large, but with one single square pillow was a bit odd. The walls were bare and the floor were had a cold feeling. I had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and the food was good and satisfying. For business I asked for wireless and they lent me this complex set of wires and cables that required too much concentration. I usually like Melia hotels, but the rooms here are a bit quirky.

Room Tip: get upper level on the sunny side
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Riyadh
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was convenient for us since it is off the crowded city and in a nice quite location. Free parking on the street was a plus. However, the front desk super visor was horrible and I believe that she is the wrong person for the job. We were two but she gave us a single room. Other staff were friendly and cooperative, the restaurant food was very tasty and clean.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
INNSIDECK, Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear AS-Abdullah,

Thank you a lot for your recent stay at our INNSIDE Neue Messe! We really appreciate the time you spent to share your experience at Trip Advisor.

I would like to express my deepest apologies for the negative experience you had with one of our Team members. Please be assured that we already did the necessary internal follow up. We try to coach our team on a daily basis. Due to your support, we can learn, where and how we can improve our service.

Thank you for this! In this case we already set certain goals for our team member so that we can work on the service delivery!

Once again we say thank you for your stay with us. It is great to know that you enjoyed your time! We appreciate the compliments.
See you very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aschheim
NH Munchen Ost Conference Center
Ibis Budget Munich East Messe
Hotel Prinzregent
Hotel Prinzregent
#23 of 383 in Munich

Been to INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe? Share your experiences!