We felt we had traveled back in time when we stayed at the Lakeshore Resort. We had our choice of the small, detached cabins that all face Lake Superior and picked one of the moderately priced ones. Our cozy, wood-paneled cabin was perfect. There was a large sitting room with TV which allowed our family of 3 to spread out. Chairs and chaises were arrayed on the lawn overlooking the lake, very peaceful. The dining room offered Austrian food, one of my husband's favorite cuisines; breakfast was in the "lodge." The only downside, which the resort has little power to fix, is the spotty wi-fi reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take in the fabulous view of Lake Superior while sampling the many authentic Austrian/ German dishes offered to you from our Chef Karen Van Der Swan. Fresh locally caught Trout or Whitefish and traditional Canadian dishes, such as steaks, are also available. Excellent dessert selection featuring our Haus Apple Strudel. Premium liquor and wine selection. Salzburger Hof Dining Lounge has been given the 'Best of the Lake' award twice by the readership of the Lake Superior Magazine. Families and groups are welcome. Open from Mother's Day to the third weekend in October. Hours from 5 pm until 9 pm (seasonal) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Lake Shore Salzburger Hof Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Shore Salzburger Hof Hotel
- Lake Shore Salzburger Hof Resort Batchawana Bay, Canada - Ontario