“Brilliant!”

Mui Ne Cooking School
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in Mui Ne
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn the secrets to preparing a great Vietnamese dish on this half-day cooking tour in Mui Ne. You begin with a walk through the popular Ham Tien market, where you will learn more about the various ingredients including vegetables, fruits, herbs and spices that go into a Vietnamese dish. It’s then onto the Mui Ne cooking school for a hands on traditional cuisine experience. Recipe book included.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

After not finding the time to do a cooking course in hoi an we decided to do it in Mui Ne. It was a brilliant course and the people who ran it were extremely friendly. We got to eat all our food which was extremely tasty. Some of the best I have had in my time in Vietnam. Very highly recommended.

1 Thank Jon P

• Finnish first
Ely
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“a great day out at Mui Ne Cooking school”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

turned up in the morning greeted by friendly staff, sat down and shared a green tea waiting for the other people on course to arrive, was made to feel very welcome and at ease. when everybody arrived taxi's were called and we were all taken to the local market to buy the fresh produce, I had a go at pressing my own sugar cane juice. the market was amazing!! the whole group was very impressed with the hospitality of the traders. we all went back to the school for more green tea whilst the produce bought was prepared ready in advance for the class. All equipment and aprons were provided, the girls were fantastic, very funny and were able to express and answer all my annoying questions.. the food cooked was delicious and the menu cards provided (which I still have and use) were a great idea. we started with the pho bo which was easier than I thought to cook and tasted better then many of the restaurants and venders I had tried. we then cooked the famous chicken curry, the rice noodles and bbq pork, fresh spring rolls, as well as all the other accompaniments. the only downside was having to eat all the wonderful food we cooked!! we made some great friends doing it and would recommend to anyone. we were fortunate on the day that the owner had decided to attend the course himself, a going back to the shop floor experience, he was great fun and the staff really lived up to his high expectations. professional fun day, second time I had done this course and was completely different to the last time. I will go back next time I am there later in the year. I recommend you skip breakfast if you are attending. enjoy.
Richie. from Cambridge

Visited June 2014
1 Thank r c
Fort Benning, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wow - fun way to cook A LOT of good food”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Okay - when the welcoming e-mail says that you should eat a light brekkie before doing this, they are not wrong!!! OMG, three different dishes and a dessert = a lot of food to put into one's tummy.

Never done a cooking class before, but based on this experience I'd be willing to go again. The trip to the market before starting the cooking was fascinating, trying several extremely fresh varieties of local produce. The class itself was fun.

The provision of a cook book at the end of the morning means there is a reasonable chance I will try to recreate this stuff again in the future.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank AussieAbroad2014
New Milton, United Kingdom
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Charming hosts, fun activity”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was a great value half day activity including a trip round a local market, trying various kinds of fruit, some miniscule snail things and more things than you could imagine it's possible to make out of rice.
The cooking itself was simple, fun and eating our creations directly after making each dish meant that the enjoyment (and stomach loading) was spread out across the experience.
The mini-book with the recipes inside was a nice parting touch and the staff were delightful throughout.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank splashcat
Perigueux, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great fun, great food”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Whether you rate it in terms of the food, the tuition, the welcome or the environment, this was a great experience - so good that we went back two days later to try the "B" menu. Suong(?) is a brilliant teacher, her helpers are attentive but discreet and the whole morning was involving and inspiring. Now back home, we are already re-creating the meals we learned at the school. Somehow it's not the same, but it brings back some wonderful memories!

Visited February 2014