“Gorgeous well-managed resort.”
Review of Pandanus Resort

Pandanus Resort
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Mui Ne
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Sadly we could only stay two nights. We discovered this resort at the very end of our three months of travel in South East Asia. Arrived hot and dusty after a two day cycle from Dalat. We were welcomed with cold juice and an invitation to the wine and cheese reception, where the manager went out of his way to let us know about all the facilities available and even mentioned that there are restaurants nearby if you don't want to eat at the resort. In other words - not pushy. The grounds are amazing - gorgeous and serene. Lots of facilities for small children, beautiful beach and huge swimming pool with a large shallow end. We booked a bungalow - it was large and very well serviced, with a nice private deck. Definitely worth the upgrade. The buffet breakfast was outstanding, service in the restaurant was very attentive. Cham musicians playing in the restaurant during dinner were very good. Front desk staff was very helpful in getting us train tickets and taxis. Can't say anything negative about this resort except that seeing all the young children having such a great time made us miss our grandchildren more - we will hope to be able to bring them next time.

Room Tip: If you can afford the upgrade, go for the bungalow
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We, a family of 2 adults and on 7 year old boy, had the pleasure of staying at the Pandanus Resort in Mui Ne for almost three weeks this February. We had Bungalow 106 - probably the one with the best location, if you like to be close to the sea and the pool. The bungalow was spacious, clean and had all the facilities we needed - and more. We liked it a lot. As for the rest of the resort, we have a lot of positive things to point out - and a few not so positive. Lets start with the good stuff! The area: beautiful gardens, always clean and well kept. The staff - always helpful, service minded, met you with a smile. Rossilini was just excellent - always concerned about your well being and always helping out. The breakfast buffet was very nice - on of the best I've seen compared with similar resorts. After you have eaten your breakfast, you can buy a bag of fish food, to make sure the fishes in the "stair pool" get their breakfast, too - my kid made sure of that every morning! The pool - big and clean - and enough sunbeds - really never need for a fight to capture one, as at many other places. And then there's the SPA. And if you come from a country that services like that is VERY expensive - don't miss out the SPA at Pandanus. Very cute, nice and skilled ladies (and guys). I had about 8 massages over the stay, in addition to both manicures and pedicures, and it was worth every minute and dong - at very affordable prices. The beach: Mui Ne is a paradise for surfers and kiters, and what does that tell you? Yes, it is obviously a place with wind - and quite strong wind at times. Most of the days it was just comfortable also for non-surfers and -kiters. A couple of days it was just too much. But that's the way it is. So: on the beach, there is a lot of waves, and therefor not so very suitable for small children. But for a little older children - together with an adult - it is a lot of fun. And there is always a flag with initial colour which tells you how far out you should (or should not) go. And while we are at the beach - sandflies. Lots of them, so if you tend to get a lot of mosquito bites, you should use repellent - and have liniments available. The staff can detox your room on request. I've read some complaints about the location of the resort - that is so far from "the strip". So... didn't you look up the location before you booked the place, or what? If partying isn't the number one for you, Pandanus have a great location. There are both restaurants and a few small shops - and an ATM - right outside the resort, so really you don't need anything else. And if you want to go to Ham Thien (the strip), there's is a shuttlebus once in the morning and three times in the afternoon. It has only 11 seats, so you better book it one day in advance. The bus back in the evening is big, so don't worry about that. So what was not so good: it wouldn't hurt to get a bigger shuttlebus, at least at the peek season. I don't think that a small bus keeps the residents at the resorts restaurant. If the bus was full, we most of the times either went to one of the restaurants on the other side of the street - or took a taxi to Ham Thien. One other thing that we got a little disappointed over: the BBQ at the pool, arranged a couple of evening every week. Unfortunately, it was not too impressive - and thus, too expensive - no good value for money. So we only did that once during our stay. And I have to mention the beds - but after travelling in Asia several times and places, this seem to be the case, not the exception: why can't you have a LITTLE bit softer beds? This is not the worst I've experienced, not by far - but a little bit more comfy matrass wouldn't hurt...

In general: Pandanus Resort gets our best recommendations, and if I ever return to Mui Ne, I will without doubt stay there again. Thanks to all the staff at Pandans Resort that made our stay a pleasant stay!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank LivR67
SteveMuiNe_Vietnam, General Manager at Pandanus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

LivR67,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for staying with us in January,

I would just like to respond to a couple of your comments.

My apologies for the fact that you felt the evening buffet was not too impressive. We do try to make it as nice as possible with lots of items from both western and Asian countries.

Regarding the mattresses, you are correct that the mattresses in Vietnam tend to be a bit hard. However, whether or not this is a good thing depends on the person. Some people like hard mattresses. Just last week, a guest asked us to replace his mattress because he thought it wasn't hard enough. On the other hand, my grandmother used to sleep on a feather bed that was so soft, when I laid down, I sank into the mattress and it almost covered me. There was no way I could sleep on such a bed, but my grandmother couldn't sleep on one with a regular mattress.

Thank you, again, for choosing the Pandanus Resort and I do hope that you will return one day.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Due to weather being a bit shaky after the big earthquake in Japan me and my friends decided to leave Nah Trang and not go further north seeking for sun. We decided upon Mui Ne and booked ourselves into this resort. Due to no airport available we decided to take a bus (There is good companies in Vietnam do your research before leaving for Mui Ne). Due to a chain smoking driver we where very late but had already informed that we would need checking after midnight. I inquired about their services for food during this hour and to my suprise they had the restaurant open. It was superb to be able to enjoy a late night dinner after a horrible bus trip and to my suprise of very high quality. The room was of good standard and clean. The location is a bit off from central Mui Ne but just take around 10 minutes with taxi.

Like most hotels in Vietnam that I learned you should never go for a extra bed because they seem to be made of wood. That is the only negative thing I encountered at this resort other then the quite meager but expensive Christmas eve dinner.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank h0ly
SteveMuiNe_Vietnam, General Manager at Pandanus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Holy,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a favorable review of the resort.

As I have done with previous reviewers, I would like to correct your comments regarding our location. We are located in Mui Ne, just across the cape and one kilometer from the town of Mui Ne. The tourist strip that you have referred to as Mui Ne is, in fact, Ham Tien ward. It is not a town, but rather a strip of resorts, restaurants, shops, etc that stretch for ten kilometers along a single road from Mui Ne to Phu Hai ward.

I am surprised that you felt that our Christmas dinner was "meager but expensive". Dinner consisted of turkey, ham, roast beef, salmon, oysters on the half shell, lobster and dozens of salads, soups and desserts. It included entertainment provided by the International Choir from Saigon, as well as our own Stardust band and free flow of wine throughout the evening. All of this for only US $60.00. In comparison to the prices and offerings at other resorts in Phan Thiet, I think that ours is quite a bargain.

Thank you, again, for your review and I hope that you will have the opportunity to return some day.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Steve and his reservations folks worked a miracle to get four of us in when they were basically full. Eventually they shuffled things so we were in a family suite for a week. Well designed, well maintained, cleaned thoroughly every day, comfortable beds, quiet, good air conditioning. Hard to believe that 46 years earlier I was getting shot at near here!
Anyway, excellent beach, cleaned constantly. Wind picks up in afternoon, so best swimming usually in morning. Large pool, plenty of lounges, with bar and restaurant convenient to both beach and pool. Service throughout resort was fantastic, but especially good in the two restaurants. Buffets were superb! A la carte was even better.
Daughters loved the tailor shop!
Spa was only spot less than outstanding. Need some training and or better management there.
Several commented in earlier reviews on Atti, the assistant manager, solo singer, quality controller for the food-an all around take care of everything kind of guy who was generous with his time with all. Hope he is there next time we get to Vietnam, because we will be returning here.

Room Tip: Face the ocean so you can live through the sunrises!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank john b
Reviewed 29 January 2014

A fantastic place. Fantasy Island.

Having arrived from Phuket(Blackpool) it was so refreshing to be met at reception by quality well trained staff who maintained their smiles on their faces all day..

Atti is a legend, and a genuine man singing in the bar on an evening.

The breakfast was out of this world.

The resort is "Out of Town", however they do provide regular free bus shuttle service to the local town.

Hopefully I will be back later this year.

Thank you the staff at Pandanus Resort..a real credit to Vietnam.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank marsketyke
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed at the Pandanus Resort for two days and truly enjoyed my time!

I stayed in a private bungalow and absolutely loved it. The bed was very comfortable, bathroom spacious, and the deck was very nice too.

The resort is gorgeous! The private beach and pool are both very relaxing and there are plenty of beach chairs.

It's easy to do some sightseeing while staying at the Pandanus. The giant Red Sand Dunes are just a few steps away. I also recommend taking the complimentary Mui Ne tour which includes a trip to the fish market and the morning market.

Overall, this is a very lovely and relaxing place.

Room Tip: Private Bungalows are right by the pool and beach.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Karisa B
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I just about turned myself inside out looking a for a resort in Vietnam which would give us 3-4 days rest after being on the road for five weeks. In the end I plumped for Pandanus and I wasn't disappointed. It's a solid resort, with some very nice touches.We went in January so it wasn't overly busy. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent. It's a very pretty resort. The beach was pretty good, quite a bit of rubbish around as you walk down the beach but very clean outside the Pandanus "bit". Probably the only suggestion I would have is a smaller, more intimate area to eat. It's not a boutique hotel but it certainly doesn't feel like you're part of a big machine. The grounds are beautifully kept. The resort went to some trouble to ensure we were picked up from the train station at 1.30am. I'd recommend it, we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We updated to a room with a balcony and that was lovely. The kids had a standard room and that was g...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
#6 of 24 in Mui Ne
Bamboo Village Beach Resort & Spa
Sandunes Beach Resort & Spa
Mui Ne Village resort and Kitesurf

Been to Pandanus Resort? Share your experiences!