All reviews pool bar the red sand dunes fishing village breakfast buffet beautiful pool sea view fairy stream relaxing stay a great place to stay bungalow beach bathtub tour
Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

This is the worst resort I've ever been. Poor service . Noise , beach was dirty ... Nothing worth it . I really recommend you do not come here for a good vacation. They are not professional at all. Seems like they are not well trained enuff for a good customers service. Item lost at the hotel doesn't get it back for some reasons. Bad bad

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
TranHung1901, Manager at Sandunes Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2016

Dear Mr. Tuan L,
Thanks for your stay with us & your review. I tried to get you for some more details from your comments which I could learn how to fix them. Please share with me what were going very wrong with you & your whole stay in our resort. What you lost & if possible tell me more about our service?
If I do remember right, you traveled with your group & that made a lot of noise, I guess.
We always take a very good responsibility of the lost items within our resort, so there is no reason for excuses or stay quiet or even ignoring.
Thanks again & I am sorry for the upset time you experienced. I am looking forward to having the details from you.
With my best regards,
Tran Hùng (Mr.)
A. Managing Director

Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

I booked a room with a sea view for my girlfriend and I to celebrate our anniversary.
First deception: the hotel is very far from the city (more than the 2km promised on the description)
We paid 130k VND to go there.

Once arrived the staff showed us the room. Oh sure we could see the ocean. It composed 1/4 of the view. The rest was a view on a building in construction... romantic...
I precise that except this view, the room is spacious, well designed and looks clean.

We asked if it was possible to see another room because it was not what we expected. First, the staff said yes and made us wait next to a room. After a few minutes, they came back and told us that no other room with sea view were available for this pricing.
Ok... we let it go and ask if it is possible to have another room even if it implies extra charges. At this point, we realized that the staff in the lobby was laughing at us probably saying that we were annoying.

So one member of the staff took us to a bungalow with a sea view ($20/night more than the room we booked at the beginning). On the way to go there we realized that there was a lot of unfinished features. It is ashame because the resort could be really nice if they took the time of finish it!
Actually the room had a good sea view from the balcony. And once again it was spacious and looked very clean. Even though the view from the windows on the left side had a view on garbage... so ashamed that to enjoy this room you have to keep the store on the left close. Anyway, we decided to take the room because we already paid a part of the price when we booked.

We decided to have lunch there. The food was correct but a bit expensive for the quality and quantity in our opinion. The manager of the restaurant was really friendly (the first since we arrived) and it looks like he trains well his staff.

Once we were installed in the room, we wanted to take a bath in that really cool bathroom. Oh what a mistake! There was a whole in the bath and the water flew all over the floor. The great bathroom quickly became a pool.
We also noticed that the WiFi was absolutely not working on the room. So we called the guest service for both of those problems. The staff was here quickly to help to fix the bath problem (they were three people working on it). A fourth guy came for the WiFi problem. He was really nice but he didn't fix the problem. His solution was to stay on the balcony in a special place.

That was enough for us, we decided to leave this place! We packed our luggage and went to the lobby to get back our passports and pay what we get for lunch.
Once again, that was difficult and the staff was laughing at us. We felt really uncomfortable.. we had to wait for 2 managers that wanted to made us stay. They were very nice and offered us to upgrade our room, to change us to a better room near the WiFi spot. We could accept but at this point we didn't want to stay more in that hotel that disappointed us so much.

This kind of review is not in our habits. Usually we only say when we were really satisfied. I hope this will help this hotel to improve their quality service, offers a real training to their staff and check their fournitures.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Delmas K
TranHung1901, Manager at Sandunes Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Bonjour Mr. Delmas,
It's our pleasure and happy to have you at Sandunes beach resort & spa and thank you for your feedback.
As soon as the problems brought to us, we had an initial talk to find a reasonable solution to fix the problems. The suggestions were offered; however, you didn't accept. We did learn that it's better to follow your guidance - rebating all the booked room charges & upgraded surcharge (only one night charged with original room rate offered).
Let's go back to your original booking, a Deluxe room was chosen but we offered to make a free upgrade to the next category - Grand Deluxe Ocean view in the higher floor. The view is much better than but it wasn't good enough since there is a project (not belong to the resort) next door still under construction. It may block the great view to ocean. You decided to move to the bungalow after an inspection, the surcharge was added with 40% discount on original rate. There were some other problems occurred. The empty land - other different project on plan - where tourist & local people can freely come and through all garbage as they left. Second one, the bath tub had a problem with its overflow & drained system as the water filled up over the overflow handle. The engineering staffs finally got it fixed. Our wifi are outdoor system, the signal is good but it goes unstably as the strong wind days. It's reason why we offered to move you near to the wifi spot for stronger access.
During the time of negotiation, waiting for the new room made up and upon checking out time, I didn't know that there was any staffs who laughed or not but one thing I am sure that they never meant to laugh at you or had a thought that guests annoyed the resort. I think it just was misunderstanding, and we admitted it was a big mistake in communication. We will definitely experience to fix it.
At your lunch time, I had a second chance to meet with you. The both ordered dishes with Spaghetti Carbonara & Greek Salad were served by our friendly staffs and Restaurant manager's appearance. The total cost was VND257,000, equals to 10.43 EUR, if comparing to other hotels at same level, our price is acceptable, even thought, it's a little bit more expensive than other local restaurants surrounding.
All in all, we are sorry for the inconvenient during your stay and we deeply understood how upset you were. Your good eyes are our guides to improve our service to meet all guests' inquiries. The training courses will be organized accordingly.
Once again, thank you for letting us know your valued ideas and wish to have a second chances to welcome you back to Sandunes.
Merci!

Hung Tran (Mr.)
Assistant to Managing Director

Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

Cons:
-insufficient water pressure
-they barely have hot water in bathroom
-they dont speak english and dont wish to talk to you
-breakfast was not good. Cheese was sweaty and butter was disgusting. One morning there was only cold coffee. One time i enjoyed balsamico olive oil sauce at the breakfast but next morning the same sauce was absolutely horrible. Same thing happened with "croissants". One time they were nice and next day just horrible.
-We kept awakening to a sounds of the electronic locks on the doors
-No restaurants near

Pros:
+Lovely room
+Good cleaning service
+Nice pool area. Also the whole Hotel area was in very nice condition and beautiful
+Welcome drinks
+low price level

Mui ne was one nasty place. There were not really much to see. Coastline was dirty and smelled like fish. There were no nice restaurants and beach was mainly disgusting and we spent most of the time at the pool. If you really have to visit mui ne, should you make it short.
It was nice to see the sand dunes but it is quickly over and highly over-priced. As a passenger of an ATV I was most of the time terrified.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
TranHung1901, Manager at Sandunes Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016

Dear Veronika H,
Starting this conversation with my personal thanks for your stay at Sandunes beach and also do apologize to the inconvenient that you did experienced during your time with us.
As your mentioned information, I'd talked to my team to find the best solutions that may fix all problems.
My Restaurant manager & I had found some chances to see you around the pool & bar, not a long conversation made; however, the greetings were often made by our staffs & managers. We are a new resort & the staffs are basically from local area - Muine & also young, their English is anyway not as good as our expectation but they're willing to learn. The breakfast time is set from 07:00 - 09:30 at an opened restaurant. In order to keep all food as tasty as the beginning after the scheduled time was difficult for us. As a result, if guests who comes late for breakfast without advanced notes may have some problems as your mentioned. We're soonest solving this problem in an air-conditioned restaurant.
You may also notice that Muine is a home for Fish sauce; Especially, the wind is heating from the North (a right place of Fishing village) in this season. Obviously, the smell would come sometimes.
Sandunes is located in the middle of the 02 projects which are still under construction. We really do care to clean our beach; however, we can only clean the surrounding areas up sometime.
We're aware that it's a right to all our guests who would see & feel these situations in many ways as well as different expectation during the holiday. My team & I will learn a lot from your comments to set as a target for the upcoming season and I do hope that you'll see it different & improved by your next stay. We promise to make your stay as perfect as your expectation.
Once again, thank you for letting us know the valued information.

Hung Tran (Mr.)
Assistant to Managing Director

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

My sister and I spent two nights at this resort. It's located bit far from the centre We used motorbike mostly.
Everything is newly built, mini bar and restaurant by the pool offer you affordable price of food and drinks. The beach was lovely but it can get very, very windy in the afternoon and evening.
To say a few words about the staff, i wish the they spoke better English(at least one or two of them) and had BETTER customer service training. I've been to countless hotels and resorts all around the world The service at this hotel was bad. I had a massage service at the spa they had me topless but they didn't even fully closed the curtains.
Red sandunes are in walking distance, you might want to check out the sunset there

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2016

We would really like to have kept the hotel for ourselves, but others must of course have the potential need to visit this gem. Was well received by the hotel manager at the reception. We felt immediately well adapt. The hotels are located on the north eastern side of Mui Ne, so you have the beautiful morning sun and sea views from the balcony. The beach is the most pure we have seen in Vietnam, the waves can be large, but smaller children can safely play in the shallow water. The breakfast is really good, there is something for everyone. The hotel has a good menu. We could miss a wine list, perhaps with local wines from Dalat area. It was really a pleasure to spend some days in the hotel, therefore we highly recommend Sandunes. Best regards, Heidi & Martin

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Martin H
TranHung1901, Người quản lý at Sandunes Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2016

Dear Heidi & Martin,
Thank you very much for spending your enjoyable time with Sandunes beach resort and sharing your thoughts with us.
After a quick welcome and a little talk upon your arrival, I knew that most of your time was good for relaxing within our resort & enjoyed the beach. At the windy season, the beach wasn't calm enough but it was safe to swim as you mentioned so we did concerned very much to keep safe to every single guests. Honestly, it may sometimes be annoyed to some guests who swam to far from the swimming area.
We also noted down to F&B team about the services & information offered to guests with a very reasonable price we believed that guests will get an excellent service & quality.
All in all, thanks again and we're very much looking forward to welcoming you & your recommended guests to our resort again soon.
Happy Tet Holiday with our best wishes to you & your family.