“Good evening dinner with boxing” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of White Hart Hotel

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Launceston
“Good evening dinner with boxing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

I was more than happy with the dinner and the boxing show, the staff had made everything enjoyable without any hiccups, they made everyone welcome and took care of all our requests. The bar was lively and punters were friendly.
The hotel would not be to my liking to stay unless for a one-night stop-over but the boxing was fantastic and my boxers enjoyed the facilities and staff ensured we were well cared for..

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

The room and downstairs area are a bit dated, which I don't really have a problem with. The room was very large and clean....I think I was given one of the better ones. But it really could have done with some double glazing. Toilet seat was broken (room 38 for reference). And a better lock on the door, and a chain lock for security would be good. Shower was weak. Wifi didn't work. No bedside light. Little things that an independent hotel should be on top of to compete with the Premier Inns.....
Friendly staff and its located in the centre of town.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Tavistock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

Friendly hotel in the centre of Launceston, Cornwall that serves inexpensive beverages. You have to place your order in the back room then sit and relax in the bar, the waitress will bring it to you. Food is served after 12:00, we sampled the Turkey & Cranberry pie on our visit - the portion size was adequate and the food was very tasty. There is a indoor market held in the ballroom of this hotel every Tuesday. We are fortunate enough to live locally so that means we are able to visit as often as we can.

Room Tip: No experience of staying in the rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moordesire
Yealmpton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

I recently stayed at the White Hart when requiring a central located room for the night with a bit more comfort than a friend's sofa. I am a seasoned traveller and have stayed in a range of places, my room was adequate but I feel the need to share some points with others who may intend to stay longer or come with high expectations.

The well trodden carpets, uneven floor boards and small corridors did add character to the buliding but the huge patch of mould in the ceiling outside my room did not. The room was very warm with the smell of damp mingled with stale cigarette smoke. I headed straight for a shower where I found an interesting black pattern on the window blind, designer damp?! While I got ready I watched the t.v., which served its purpose but was several years old, requiring a digi box. On returning to the hotel later that night I wakled to the back entrance for which I had been given a code for the door, this was not required the door was open looking like it had been forced with one one of glass cracked, this did not look as it if had been done that night but just not fixed. The room was very clean and sheets cosy however the feather pillows were extremely lumpy, while it is nice to find feather pillows in a hotel I had to question whether they were lumpy from damp or age. Breakfast in the morning was served in a very dated dining room although I enjoyed sitting looking around, imagining the hotel bustling back in the 80s. I had a full english which looked as if it may have been cooked to order a few hours earlier however not being a fussy eater I was satisfied.

I would stay again if needs must but found my room at £46 a little pricey. A new window blind, some bleach on the damp spots, new pillows, a flat screen telly, fixed bak door and slightly fresher breakfast would make it worth the money.

Room Tip: I believe the place is being refurbed so one of the newer rooms would be best but then watch out for...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank elliehowe

Travellers are raving about these Launceston hotels

Fareham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

My partner booked this hotel as a birthday treat and we throroughly enjoyed our stay.... Yes the hotel is a bit dated but the accommodation was comfortable and the breakfast each morning was great . The staff are friendly and the hotel is ideally situated in the town centre... I would stay again.

Room Tip: We had room 32 which was at the back of the hotel but was quiet which was probably a good thing as s...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Millbrook, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

The hotel is in the centre of Launceston, it was quiet, with a small market outside. Decor is really dated and hasn't changed since I first stayed there over 20years ago. The floors are uneven, and corridors lead who knows where but in saying that it was clean, tidy, friendly staff, and great food. It is what is and that's just fine. ;-)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

When we arrived in the car park at the White Hart Hotel on Sept 25th 2012 we were greeted by Pam the manageress. We made our way through the back of the hotel to the reception where we were welcomed by Linda the receptionist who gave us the keys to our room and directions how to get there. We discovered a labyrinth of passages and stairs, our room seemed a long way away from reception but being an old hotel with no lift added to its charm. Our room was very nice but dated as it was one of the rooms waiting to be refurbished but there was everything we needed. We did however change rooms as there wasn't adequate heating and also the bed wasn't very comfortable. The staff couldn't do enough to help us settle in another room were the heating was great. Unfortunately though the bed looked more comfortable it was no better than the bed in our first room, though this room had been refurbished they had not changed the bed they resolved this problem pro-tem with a mattress topper this was done immediately and from then on we had no more problems.
There was a good choice of breakfasts and evening meals all of which were delicious. We stayed there for eight days during which time we got to know all the staff who were all very friendly and helpful,nothing was to much trouble for them. At sometime in the future we will return to the White Hart Hotel.

Room Tip: Again there are NO LIFTS.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Launceston
Arundell Arms Hotel
#2 of 2 in Menheniot
Newmoor Park
Newmoor Park
#1 of 23 in Launceston

Been to White Hart Hotel? Share your experiences!