“very helpful welcome”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Launceston
rouillon
“very helpful welcome”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We are travelers with bicycles and stayed one night here. The hotel os on the very center of the town, near the castle. The manager was very helpful with our bikes. The building is old but neat. We recommand this place for bike toures like us.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bourgeteau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Wimborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I stayed one night and eat dinner in the restaurant. Really friendly staff, food was excellent value and a sensibly priced wine list. Our room was clean and comfortable and again very good value. Very nice breakfast and plenty of it if you could manage it!
We were delighted with this start to our holiday.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bonz69
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just like to say I have stayed here quiet a few times I was here this weekend everything is very good value for money & everytime I have been here we have always had a warm & friendly welcome from all staf, management & owners, such a great historical place just take a close look at the front arch to see how old it is.it's great as it is in town centre & I will recommend to everyone & food is always excellent, I will be back at this hotel in October.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank melanie b
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My company booked myself and a colleague into the white hart ,Launceston for a 2 night stay whilst we were working locally. After travelling for 6 hours we arrived on Saturday morning and we were greeted with a warm smile from receptionist Karen and allocated our twin room. Whilst navigating our way around this large hotels warren of corridors I observed that the décor looked a bit dated and was worried our room may be of a similar standard. I need not of worried as the room was clean ,well layed out, the washing facilities were spotlessly clean and the beds comfortable. We stay in a lot of larger chain type hotels which are obviously more modern but seem to lack the personal touch that this hotel and its staff have to offer and if its value for money you are looking for then look no further. After reading other reviews on the white hart I notice a lot is mentioned about the décor of the place and I have to agree that in certain parts of the hotel this could be addressed but after all it is a very large very old building ,however if you want to stay in a hotel where you are treated as a human being and not just another customer then you cant do better than the white hart. Location in the centre of Launceston town is perfect for anyone working in the area and the small but very friendly town is well worth a look around if you get time . The staff are among some of the best I have encountered in all my years of working all over the country . Bar manager Dan ? I think his name was has the happiest face and nothing was ever too much trouble for him , Charlene who served us at breakfast was outstanding , smiling and chatting to a very busy restaurant full of people whilst being able to serve everyone quickly and efficiently . Karen on reception greets and chats with a constant smile and again nothing was too much trouble for her either , she gave spot on directions for where we were working and even arranged a local carpenter to help us on our job saving me the time and countless phone calls thanks to her local knowledge , what an absolute asset she is to the white hart hotel . To round up my stay , yes the hotel is a little dated but the welcome, the staff ,the food and value for money are second to none .

Room Tip: We stayed over a weekend so the public bar was as expected a little noisy but could not be heard fro...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Yes, the hotel needs updating but Rome was not built in a day!! Our family room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We needed the windows open as it was very hot, so we could hear the noise from the bar, but it was not too loud and we all managed to get a good nights sleep. ALL the staff were very friendly, but most of all Charlene at breakfast. We all wanted a mixture of the Full English and the Standard breakfast, which seemed no problem at all and everything was served with a sunny smile and was as good as I have tasted anywhere! We will be returning!

Room Tip: Room 31 is 4 single beds, do not choose if you want a silent night
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed for 4 nights. Ok, the decor was a little tired and dated and the bathroom was carpeted, but the hotel was VERY very clean. the staff were so friendly and welcoming, even letting us into our room early after a 6 hour trip down. The breakfasts were fantastic. It was all in all extremely good value for money and I would def recommend The White Hart anyone who wants a base to explore Cornwall.

• Stayed July 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The reviews were mixed so thought I would give this place the benefit of the doubt as not everywhere can please everyone. Although the room was already paid for I asked to see it before bringing my belongings in and thought ok not too bad, it did appear clean although very run down, smelt strongly of alcohol throughout and was not worthy of the amount of money being charged. However what stopped myself from staying here was the attitude problem of duty receptionist Karen. I have never in all my time travelling met a member of staff so unprofessional whilst on duty. It came across as though she did not want to be there and having to check me in was a huge inconvenience whilst clutching her drink. I asked her what her problem was and pointed out that her manner was not good to which she leant right over the reception desk into my face and started shouting at me. Karen said she did not want to deal with me any further and would hand me over to the duty manager Pam. I informed her I would appreciate this as I only wanted to check in and was not there to receive appalling customer service. Duty Manager Pam was lovely and apologised although it came across as though this was a regular apology Pam was giving out on Karens behalf! Whilst speaking with Pam, Karen (being approx 45 years old) obviously felt is was professional and mature to stand at an angle in the office to the left of the reception and give me evil looks and smirk when Pam was trying to fix the situation she had caused. Even though the room was paid for and the room was bearable for one night only, I checked out before checking in. I have NEVER in all the hotels I have stayed in around the Uk and whilst travelling the world had such an awful welcome to a hotel by such an unprofessional, immature and rude member of staff. Avoid this hotel at all costs!

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms, don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
11 Thank Little_Clair

Travellers are raving about these Launceston hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Launceston
Arundell Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lewdown
Newmoor Park
Newmoor Park
#1 of 24 in Launceston

Been to White Hart Hotel? Share your experiences!