“"Go out of your way to stay here"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Newmoor Park

Newmoor Park
Ranked #1 of 23 Launceston B&B and Inns
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“"Go out of your way to stay here"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

On business in the area, I booked this at the last minute purely based on the price and was very happy when I descended the driveway. Joseph and Martyn are the perfect hosts, the location is beautiful, the rooms immaculate and although I had no expectations, if I had they would have been exceeded. I could wax lyrical about Newmoor Park but all I will say is, "If you are in the area STAY HERE! You will not be disappointed". Quite simply Joseph and Martyn were born to do this. I will be booking again, whenever business brings me remotely close, and am looking forward to it already. Quality from all angles!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Having arrived for a 2 night stay just as the recent storms hit Cornwall i cannot fault how wonderful Joseph and Martyn were in making what could have been a ruined trip into the best memories for us. We were immediately greeted with a tray of tea and biscuits and felt welcome and important from the first hello. The room was fabulous, beautifully decorated, and with every little detail thought of. The breakfasts were delicious, with a great choice, and i loved the fact that the guys chatted to us as they made it for us. We felt so welcome, we would definately come back and will be recommending this guest house to all of our friends.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Milton Keynes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Certainly neither my wife nor I can think of any comparable short stay (2 nights) where our expectations have been exceeded quite so spectacularly!

Pleasant public area, comfortable room, superb bathroom with both walk in shower and large bath, high quality, locally sourced breakfast, enormous grounds (8+ acres) adjacent to the Tamar and to cap it all welcoming, friendly, knowledgeable hosts who couldn't do enough for their guests!

And if, like us, you were travelling for the rugby, a 5 minute walk to the ground! It's hard to imagine a better experience.

Room Tip: Only one room has both shower and bath
Leek, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I travelled to Cornwall to visit friend's and decided to book my stay at the Newmoor Park Guest House after coming across it online. What attracted me to this Guest House was is location,the ground's and of course the beautifully renovated farm house. From the moment I arrived Joseph and Martyn were the perfect host's, very friendly and approachable. The house itself is absolutely stunning and immaculate from top to bottom. The room's are beautifully laid out and very comfortable indeed. Breakfast was made from scratch in a morning and was presented perfectly, with fresh egg's from the chicken's that live in the ground's. Overall this guest house gets a full 10 out of 10. The photographs on the website do not do this accommodation justice what so ever. I'm looking forward to returning later on in the year.
Many thanks Joseph and Martyn, I wish you every success for the future. Mrs McGuckian.

• Stayed January 2014
Sutton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I only stayed for one night on a whirlwind trip to Launceston but was very happy with everything about this small guest house. I was met in the car park and asked if I needed help with any baggage as soon as I arrived which was a nice touch. The room I stayed in was very nice, well decorated, large and spacious. Great hospitality, very friendly owners.
Next time I'm down that way again it would be my first point of call for accomodation.
Breakfast was hearty with great freshly ground coffee. Conversation with both Martyn and Joseph was knowledgeable about the area and they were very genuine about making my stay pleasant. With only 1 night of stay on my visit and a review of this stature you can be sure that if you stay here for any length of time you would be warmly accepted and looked after accordingly.
Keep up the good work guys

Room Tip: Top floor overlooking the river was very picturesque
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Parbold, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

A superb location; superb breakfast, superb room, and no, I am not related to the owners !

The welcome was warm and friendly. The arrangements were efficient. The advice was freely given and was most helpful.

We are looking forward to our next stay, and recommend Newmoor Park to anyone looking for good value in friendly and comfortable accommodation.

Room Tip: All rooms looked great !
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is best guest house that we have ever stayed in, spotless tasteful, warm and welcoming. We just found it by chance on the internet and will be recommending it to friends. Breakfast was great and the company was good too

Room Tip: All the rooms are of the same standard
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Launceston
Tavistock House Hotel
#1 of 5 in Liskeard
Poole Farm Bed & Breakfast
Poole Farm Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 1 in St Giles on the Heath

Been to Newmoor Park? Share your experiences!