“Loveliest Latte in Launceston”
Review of Liberty Coffee

Liberty Coffee
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The freedom to express our passion for fantastic coffee.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Yes I have read through all the other reviews and heartily concur. My mum lives in Launceston and every time I visit her I make a beeline for Liberty coffee house. I think Ben and his team do a wonderful job. Also there is a nice selection of other drinks for the none coffee drinkers in company. I really don't like costa coffee anyway,wild horses..... .

Looking forward to coming again soon. A+++

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We go to Launceston regularly and always stop by for excellent coffee and cake - the coffee is genuinely something special and beats anything in our home town of Bristol (even though there are some really good independent coffee places here too). Keep it coming guys.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The coffee was lovely and the advice given was excellent. Lots of different types of coffee and flavours to try. Reasonably priced and beautifully presented :)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I'm a bit of a coffee lover and was amazed to find Liberty Coffee. Vastly better than most other coffee shops I've tried, including in The City, and it's quite bizarre to have such good coffee in such a quiet unassuming place as Launceston. The guys running it really know their stuff.

I've never eaten there, so I can't vouch for the food, but if you want a really decent coffee (none of your sickly sweet dessert coffees), in a friendly relaxed cafe, this place is very hard to beat.

BenjaminSt, Owner at Liberty Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Many thanks for such a positive review. I am hoping that Liberty Coffee can become a reason to visit a generally quiet area such as Launceston. We wish to showcase some of the very best coffee and show people what an interesting and diverse topic coffee can be.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

If you have a love for independent coffee shops and want to support small towns, Liberty coffee sets a high standard of what a coffee shop should be - customer service sinply could not get any better, the baristas have a vast amount of knowledge on the products they sell aswel as being super friendly. The coffee is devine, perfectly made - no need for sugar here the coffee sells itself. The cakes are gorgeous and the layout/look of the shop is welcoming, rustic and sophisticated at the same time. This place is beautiful, I can imagine the owner being proud of the business he has built and I wish every success to Liberty coffee, well done and I will return ! Please boycott costa ( and any future costas wanting to turn up on the highstreet) and take the effort to go here, you will not be let down.

1  Thank needled247

Fight the might of Costa!

Thanks for a great review. The issues of a Costa moving to Launceston has been a contentious one in the shop for sure. Our regulars seem to understand that we basically do a completely different thing to the chain stores but hopefully we can continue to attract new customers and illustrate what we feel coffee should truly represent.