Craigadam
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Urr Valley Hotel(Castle Douglas)
  • Breakfast included
The Market Inn Hotel(Castle Douglas)
View Hotel
Kings Arms Hotel(Castle Douglas)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Ken Bridge Hotel(New Galloway)
  • Breakfast included
Abbey Arms Hotel(New Abbey)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewshonesty barthemed roomsother gueststhe main houseorganic farmworking farmlovely country housesnooker tableb blarge tablefirst classfamily homerelaxing place to stayon arrivaltwin bedssolway coastfamily wedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2009

I have had the pleasure to stay quite a few times at Craigadam the past years. Both with my family (young children) and with friends (for some roughshooting & wildfowling). All occassions have been perfect and an invitation to come back.
Celia and Richard are superb hosts, one feels at ease with them. The dining facilities, tea room and leisure area are inviting, as well as a good place to meet other people.
The food has always been of high standard and fit to the environment one stays. Private areas of high standard and comfortable.
The Galloway park and surroundings are beautifull.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2009

my husband an i had the most delightful trip to craigadam, even our dog was welcomed and fussed over. Celia and Richard are the most gracious hosts, and nothing is too much trouble to either them or the very friendly staff.
The food was out of this world, and the settings for dinner was just like being a part of a large friendly family, the rooms are all themed an very tastefully decorated, and the drawing room with log fire a marvelous place to relax with coffee after dinner.
We shall most definately be making a return visit in the very near future.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2009

I booked a romantic holiday with my wife close to Dumfries, so I looked for hotels in Dumfries and found Craigadam and I'm so glad i did. Craigadam is a wonderful place to stay, wonderful accommodation, delicious food and perfect hosts in Celia and Richard. I will certainly return.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2009

We found this guest house/B&B through several guide books. It is in a truly lovely location and our bedroom was superbly appointed, although the bathroom a little cold. There is a billiard room/bar, a fabulous dining room and a sitting room all for guest use, and plenty of labradors and collies around for those of you missing your furry friends at home! Breakfast was fabulous, with home-made bread, slabs of bacon, etc etc. The only comment we would make is that whilst the service was impeccably polite, we didn't feel particularly 'welcomed', and actually felt as though they wanted to get rid of us into our room, and then dispatch us the next day as quickly as possible. We are in a similar business, have both a farm and guests, and a family history in the area, but had no opening or invitation to chat a little about the farm/lifestyle/area.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2008

Stayed at cottage as a family week end. Ideal facilities as all rooms en suite which was good for my elderly parents. All rooms a great size with own tvs. Excellent facilities.

Beautiful spot and close to travel in and around dumfries. Didn't eat at Craigadam as we were not given much info when asked what was for dinner on the day we arrived. Were only told Organic lamb and cost £25 per head. Price would not have been a problem if we had been told rest of menu.

Had no other real contact with owners of the hotel and was not sure when we had to vacate the cottage. Was told 11am but would be better if we made it 10am and then was told 12am by another staff member.

On day of leaving Mr Pickup was asked about paying balance of the cost. He said his wife dealt with this and was away. Mrs Pickup phoned some weeks later to ask for payment and this was not a problem as I had told Mr Pickup that she could get in touch with me. Mrs Pickup did not ask about how we enjoyed our stay etc and just took credit card details and rang off.

Although there was no real feeling of encouragement to eat at Craigadam of which I had been looking forward to I would still go back as it was one of the best equiped cottages in terms of our family group and lovely views and walks.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family