“OK, what the other reviews don't tell you”

Blau Privilege PortoPetro Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Porto Petro
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“OK, what the other reviews don't tell you”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Our last visit as a family was 7 years ago and there are some noticeable differences. The hotel is now part owned by TUI who take 2/3 of the accommodation for the German market throughout the summer months (There are still plenty of sun beds for everyone). The other 1/3 occupancy is then split between the Spanish and British.

There is now evening entertainment which is a nice low key mix and caters for everyone.

Opt for BB rather than HB. The food is fantastic if you do opt for the HB option but a 5 minute walk and there are a number of restaurants to choose from overlooking the marina. If you stay BB a meal will cost you 35 euro in the hotel and 17.50 euro for children. A nice 2 course meal with drinks in the best restaurant in Porto Petro (Maritimo) will cost you 60 euro.

A G&T in the hotel is 12 euro.

A coffee and 2 small bottles of water in the hotel will cost you 10 euro.

A taxi transfer from Palma will cost you circa 75 euro.

The pools are spotlessly clean, the gym is well equipped and all machines work.

If you want a beautiful location away from the masses with a little authenticity then this place is perfect.

Will defintaly go back.

Room Tip: Couples - block 8/9 overlooking the adults only pool. Families (family room) - block 1
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank N F
Blauportopetro, Director General at Blau Privilege PortoPetro Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for your kind and very detailed comments. These help other guests to know our Resort better. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and I am looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

René Hoeltschl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Turkish first
Portopetro mallorca
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This place is a dream, perfect for families and couples, caters for all. The best part of our holiday has been the sincerely lovely, friendly, attentive staff who can only be faulted for perhaps being too eager to please....( I know ridiculous!) Really wonderful people, amazing food, great service, faultless. Will definitely return. We got a deal with design holidays so paid half the usual rate.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lib142
Dear guests,

it is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to send us your kind feedback!

I am looking forward to welcoming you soon again at our Resort.

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My wife and I would like to thank the staff at the hotel as they made our short stay very pleasant not only did they leave a bottle of Champagne in our room on arrival they also provided another one on my birthday (not that I am an alcoholic) . The resort is very large based on two beach coves very natural surroundings food was good . Thank you again Lee & Ali

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lee b
Blauportopetro, Director General at Blau Privilege PortoPetro Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear guests,

It is a pleasure to know that you chose our Resort for your Honeymoon. Thank you very much for your kind feedback, we will be happy to welcome you soon again here at Portopetro.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Arrived at the hotel and on inspection of the room found it was un acceptable decided to move to another hotel as the hotel couldn't up date to a better room l was charged full amount even for the breakfast and dinner £427.00 l am unable to walk very far and the room was at the back of the complex l feel you are entitled to reject a room and at these prices be able to choose a room of your choice with correct facilities for yourself had to use the hotel buggy service to get around complex this is not advertised on booking l did specify at time of booking difficulty in walking

Room Tip: you travel to room in a buggy
Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank mel P
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank your for your comments received on tripadvisor and I would like to use this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience caused with your booking.

In order to understand better what happened, it would be nice if you contact me personally, so we can find a solution for this matter.

Please feel free to contact me at any time at my email dirportopetro@blauhotels.com

Warwick
Reviewed 26 July 2013

What a find!! Was recommended this hotel as a place for some serious R'n'R time spent with a girlfriend post illness & certainly full filled all of our requirements & some. However, we would not hesitate to return with our families as facilities & kids clubs for all ages of children from babes to teenagers, look fantastic.
Our standard double room was spacious, modern, clean & well equipped & situated overlooking the adults only pool. This meant peace & quite throughout the duration of our stay with wonderful views that included a setting sun overlooking one of the 3 beaches you can access when staying at the hotel.
A 'train' takes you to & from your room if the peaceful 10 minute walk along the sea front to the main reception area is just too much. A well appointed spa gave us the opportunity to have a couple a relaxing treatments. But a well equipped gym was also available should we have wanted to do something a bit more strenuous - we didn't! We didn't even make it to any of the complimentary yoga., pilates or relaxation classes on offer as the entire hotel was relaxing enough.
Finally the icing on the cake was the food on offer - especially in the evening. I suffer with coeliac and had no trouble in having an abundance of clearly labelled food to choose from each night. The only slight negative was that the puddings weren't as clearly labelled , but that over site was quickly resolved by head Chef Nachos. He was extremely amiable & came out of the kitchen to speak to me every evening to ensure he explained 'safe' options. On several occasions even returning to the kitchen to provide me with something else not out on display. Very spoilt! *5 food at a 5* hotel without a doubt.

Room Tip: Traveling as couple ask for one over looking the adults only pool. With a family go for one situate...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank AshurstWarwick
Dear guests,

I would like to thank you for your nice comments about your stay and I am proud to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Detailed comments help other customers to get a good impression of our facilities and service.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again soon at our Resort.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I took my 84 year old Mum to this fabulous resort 27 th June until 3rd July ... I had requested that our rooms were close and near to breakfast/buggies/Pool etc ....That's exactly what we got and more....every member of staff BAR NONE!!!!!!!...... was a credit to the place.....wether it was breakfast/dinner or buggies or reception, all were fantastic and could not do enough for us.....my Mum can't walk far and the buggy driver dropped us at reception told us to wait 1.... Went to get the hotel car and took us to the restaurant just nearby (Aventura)....such a nice touch...I went to all of the pools and swam in all, they were fab.... I swam in the sea at both beaches they were both fab.....yes there was a family pool and an adults pool ( GREAT TOUCH) we attended both but knew we could relax back at the adult pool for a read/drink/snooze when we wanted........we ate room service.... The buffet once.... And every breakfast..... All superb....Flamenco on our first night superb and better.......I would just like to thank you all for a wonderful holiday..... My wife and I are planning coming over next year ..... WE'LL BE IN TOUCH

Room Tip: Block 8 if you got anyone elderly or infirm ( ground floor)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank challenger317
Blauportopetro, Director General at Blau Privilege PortoPetro Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear guests,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for your very kind comments. We appreciate your complete feedback which will help other guests to know our property better.

We are proud to know that you really enjoyed your holidays and this motivates us to continue providing excellent service and improve day by day.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you soon again.

Please feel free to contact me for any further questions under dirportopetro@blauhotels.com

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Spent two weeks in june/july and was really disappointed. Service quality is terribe. Hotel staff in reception, the pool bar etc are rude and treat guests abruptly. Ask for tourist information at reception is almost like insulting them.
The hotel has 3 pools, but only two near the sea. Of the 2 near the sea one is horrible the other is very nice, with new sun loungers and beds. The problem is that the nice pool is for adults only and as we went with kids we were not allowed to stay there. Instead we had to use a pool with old, back bracking sun longers and really not very pleasent.
Also, although the hotel is overlooking two small coves with small beaches, we found the beches were often very dirty and the hotel does not clean them. Glass, plastic and even a condom...it was really disgusting.
The children areas are also poor with dirt/ sand on floor completely inappropriate for children. The tennis courts need re- surfacing and the bikes the hotel offers to hire are so old and rusty they are useless.
The hotel food is worst than an Ikea canteen (no exageration), absolutely awfull.
I simply do not understand why this hotel gets high rating on trip advisor.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank fabior681
Dear guests,

First of all I would like to thank you for your very detiailed comments about our Resort. All comments help us to imporve the quality of our service and we are working hard to improve them continuously.

I regret that in some points we did not meet your expectations and I can assure that everything that's in our hands has been done to improve the mentioned points. I would like to use this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences caused.

As we already met personally, I am sure that you know our efforts for improvement and it would be a pleasure to welcome you again in order to show you that our service can be perfect.

If you would like to contact me personally, please feel free to write to me to the email dirportopetro@blauhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Porto Petro
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa
#2 of 8 in Port de Soller
Be Live Collection Palace de Muro

Been to Blau Privilege PortoPetro Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!