“Relaxed and refined quality resort”

Blau Privilege PortoPetro Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Porto Petro
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We wanted a two week break and quickly settled into a relaxed rhythm of days by the pool with lots of loungers and sun shades, sport on the many tennis courts and time together in the knowledge of the 6 day per week well organised and safe kids club. Excellent room cleanliness and very effective maid service daily. The pools and beaches are brilliant. 3 pool bars offered all day service to your sun lounger.

We booked a one bedroom suite which was very good, with separate plush bathrooms and TV's in both rooms allowed 7 yr old to have some space, plus gave three large wardrobes. WIFI across the whole resort and there are 5 English Channels TV channels so take a DVD player to plug into the TV to entertain if planning to go with kids, but to be honest after dinner the Kids Club disco started at 8.30pm and the other entertainment started at 9.30pm which soon tired out our daughter.

Whilst this is not a cheap resort you are in a beautiful landscaped location surrounded by trees and plants set over a very large complex that gives you the sense of luxury and as a result we were not surrounded by booze fuelled families and therefore had a very relaxing time very worth the additional expense.

The restaurants and waiting staff are fantastic. The buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner option offers everyone great choices ranging from fresh cooked pasta dishes, 3 fresh cooked meat choices and the same with fish plus a multitude of other dishes. Salad offering overwhelming plus lots of varied vegetarian alternatives. The kids meal section has a very good selection each evening meal time.

The resort is miles ahead in quality compared to Aliathon Holiday Village and Pollentia Club Resort and worth the extra cost.

The Resort Manager René Hoeltschl and his team provided excellent service and acted swiftly to improve the golf buggy shuttle service around the resort.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1101 which was a ground floor apartment with a wonderful view of a bay and a very...
5  Thank DavidLloydTyrrell
Blauportopetro, Director General at Blau Privilege PortoPetro Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Mr. Lloyd Tyrrell,

I would like to thank you very much for your very kind and complete feedback, I am proud to know that you really enjoyed your stay and I would like to thank you in the name of all of my team for taking your time to write your feedback. This motivates us to continue providing excellent service.

It would be a pleasure to meet you personally during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Our last visit as a family was 7 years ago and there are some noticeable differences. The hotel is now part owned by TUI who take 2/3 of the accommodation for the German market throughout the summer months (There are still plenty of sun beds for everyone). The other 1/3 occupancy is then split between the Spanish and British.

There is now evening entertainment which is a nice low key mix and caters for everyone.

Opt for BB rather than HB. The food is fantastic if you do opt for the HB option but a 5 minute walk and there are a number of restaurants to choose from overlooking the marina. If you stay BB a meal will cost you 35 euro in the hotel and 17.50 euro for children. A nice 2 course meal with drinks in the best restaurant in Porto Petro (Maritimo) will cost you 60 euro.

A G&T in the hotel is 12 euro.

A coffee and 2 small bottles of water in the hotel will cost you 10 euro.

A taxi transfer from Palma will cost you circa 75 euro.

The pools are spotlessly clean, the gym is well equipped and all machines work.

If you want a beautiful location away from the masses with a little authenticity then this place is perfect.

Will defintaly go back.

Room Tip: Couples - block 8/9 overlooking the adults only pool. Families (family room) - block 1
10  Thank N F

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for your kind and very detailed comments. These help other guests to know our Resort better. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and I am looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

This place is a dream, perfect for families and couples, caters for all. The best part of our holiday has been the sincerely lovely, friendly, attentive staff who can only be faulted for perhaps being too eager to please....( I know ridiculous!) Really wonderful people, amazing food, great service, faultless. Will definitely return. We got a deal with design holidays so paid half the usual rate.

1  Thank Lib142

Dear guests,

it is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to send us your kind feedback!

I am looking forward to welcoming you soon again at our Resort.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My wife and I would like to thank the staff at the hotel as they made our short stay very pleasant not only did they leave a bottle of Champagne in our room on arrival they also provided another one on my birthday (not that I am an alcoholic) . The resort is very large based on two beach coves very natural surroundings food was good . Thank you again Lee & Ali

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lee b
Blauportopetro, Director General at Blau Privilege PortoPetro Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear guests,

It is a pleasure to know that you chose our Resort for your Honeymoon. Thank you very much for your kind feedback, we will be happy to welcome you soon again here at Portopetro.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Arrived at the hotel and on inspection of the room found it was un acceptable decided to move to another hotel as the hotel couldn't up date to a better room l was charged full amount even for the breakfast and dinner £427.00 l am unable to walk very far and the room was at the back of the complex l feel you are entitled to reject a room and at these prices be able to choose a room of your choice with correct facilities for yourself had to use the hotel buggy service to get around complex this is not advertised on booking l did specify at time of booking difficulty in walking

Room Tip: you travel to room in a buggy
Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank mel P

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank your for your comments received on tripadvisor and I would like to use this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience caused with your booking.

In order to understand better what happened, it would be nice if you contact me personally, so we can find a solution for this matter.

Please feel free to contact me at any time at my email dirportopetro@blauhotels.com

Reviewed 26 July 2013

What a find!! Was recommended this hotel as a place for some serious R'n'R time spent with a girlfriend post illness & certainly full filled all of our requirements & some. However, we would not hesitate to return with our families as facilities & kids clubs for all ages of children from babes to teenagers, look fantastic.
Our standard double room was spacious, modern, clean & well equipped & situated overlooking the adults only pool. This meant peace & quite throughout the duration of our stay with wonderful views that included a setting sun overlooking one of the 3 beaches you can access when staying at the hotel.
A 'train' takes you to & from your room if the peaceful 10 minute walk along the sea front to the main reception area is just too much. A well appointed spa gave us the opportunity to have a couple a relaxing treatments. But a well equipped gym was also available should we have wanted to do something a bit more strenuous - we didn't! We didn't even make it to any of the complimentary yoga., pilates or relaxation classes on offer as the entire hotel was relaxing enough.
Finally the icing on the cake was the food on offer - especially in the evening. I suffer with coeliac and had no trouble in having an abundance of clearly labelled food to choose from each night. The only slight negative was that the puddings weren't as clearly labelled , but that over site was quickly resolved by head Chef Nachos. He was extremely amiable & came out of the kitchen to speak to me every evening to ensure he explained 'safe' options. On several occasions even returning to the kitchen to provide me with something else not out on display. Very spoilt! *5 food at a 5* hotel without a doubt.

Room Tip: Traveling as couple ask for one over looking the adults only pool. With a family go for one situate...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank AshurstWarwick

Dear guests,

I would like to thank you for your nice comments about your stay and I am proud to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Detailed comments help other customers to get a good impression of our facilities and service.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again soon at our Resort.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I took my 84 year old Mum to this fabulous resort 27 th June until 3rd July ... I had requested that our rooms were close and near to breakfast/buggies/Pool etc ....That's exactly what we got and more....every member of staff BAR NONE!!!!!!!...... was a credit to the place.....wether it was breakfast/dinner or buggies or reception, all were fantastic and could not do enough for us.....my Mum can't walk far and the buggy driver dropped us at reception told us to wait 1.... Went to get the hotel car and took us to the restaurant just nearby (Aventura)....such a nice touch...I went to all of the pools and swam in all, they were fab.... I swam in the sea at both beaches they were both fab.....yes there was a family pool and an adults pool ( GREAT TOUCH) we attended both but knew we could relax back at the adult pool for a read/drink/snooze when we wanted........we ate room service.... The buffet once.... And every breakfast..... All superb....Flamenco on our first night superb and better.......I would just like to thank you all for a wonderful holiday..... My wife and I are planning coming over next year ..... WE'LL BE IN TOUCH

Room Tip: Block 8 if you got anyone elderly or infirm ( ground floor)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank challenger317
Blauportopetro, Director General at Blau Privilege PortoPetro Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear guests,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for your very kind comments. We appreciate your complete feedback which will help other guests to know our property better.

We are proud to know that you really enjoyed your holidays and this motivates us to continue providing excellent service and improve day by day.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you soon again.

Please feel free to contact me for any further questions under dirportopetro@blauhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Porto Petro
Hotel Pure Salt Garonda
#2 of 78 in Playa de Palma
Hesperia Mallorca Villamil
Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa

Been to Blau Privilege PortoPetro Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!