“Glamping in Goa”
Review of Amarya Shamiyana

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mandrem
Amarya Shamiyana
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Mandrem
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was our first trip to Goa and Amarya Shamiyana was recommended by a friend who lives in Mumbai. We do business in India and took a couple days break during Holi. This was just what we needed. Walking distance from the beach, these tents are more than tents, they are air conditioned suites with full shower, sink and toilet, ipod dock, huge bed etc. I was living my own little Arabian Night fantasy. The breakfast is delivered within 15 minutes of calling, and you're literally steps away from the delish French restaurant La Plage. Definitely a must if you can get a reservation!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Julie W

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I guess you could call it a tent (the walls are canvas), but the spaciousness, air conditioning, plumbing, and comfortable bed are at least as inviting as any hotel room. And what's more, the four tents of Amarya Shamiyana are set just about 100 yards back from Ashvem Beach. Breakfast under the palms, and then a 3-minute walk to the sea -- what could be better? I highly recommend a stay for at least a few nights.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The Amarya Shamiya hotel is the reason why I survived my stressful meetings in Goa because every time I enter the room I feel very relaxed ad at ease. The location of its tent rooms are to look forward to everyday when I wake up because I would really feel like being on vacation even if I’m not. The sound of the sea soothes my jittery busy mind and it just gives me more reason to stand up in the morning and do what I have to do. The ambiance of the place is very good. I don’t really like spicy food so I requested for it not to be, I got a minimal spicy dish and it was delicious. Indian food also is very good in Amarya Shamiyana. One advice I should tell people who are interested is to book ahead when you’re planning for a vacation, especially on local holidays because the place is sure to be busy.

3  Thank RiderRichard
Reviewed 21 January 2014

For my first time in India I wanted to spend on the accommodation since I wasn't very familiar with the place and my mentality is that if I'm not familiar with something I have to be compromised in some other way. I wanted to stay in a comfortable hotel that I was sure to want to go home to after a day roaming around Goa. I loved the room I stayed in because it had white drapes like curtains around it, I really felt like I was in another place yet comfortable. My room's theme was pink with a pink couch. I would refer this hotel to my friends when I get back home. Keep up the good work, especially the friendly employees. One comment also that i would like to point out about this place is that it's full of tent like concepts on their decorations. It's a good thing because they really stick to what they want as their standard or theme.

2  Thank Lucille M
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed at this place with a friends recommendation who passed it while visiting La plage.I am glad i listened to her. the place was just amazing. The hospitality the welcome and the atmosphere and set up of the room was just amazing. The best thing that caught my eye was the layout of the bathroom.Some thing which i saw for the fist time.During my stay the Russain new year parties were going on so the hotel staff made it a point to shift me to their other property called Paros another amazing property overlooking the beach. Must say the staff makes sure that you are comfortable at all given them. A place must go
will surely make it a point to visit them again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hrangwala
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was our first stop on our recent visit to India. We were pretty tired and stressed after a long trip from the UK and the insanity of Mumbai airport, but all of that was forgotten within a minute of arriving at Amarya Shamiyana! The room/tent was 5 star quality, very comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful and the beach was beautiful. Would highly recommend this place.

1  Thank AKSG16
Reviewed 14 December 2013

So, you are thinking about staying in Goa for a few days? Relax, sit at the beach, maybe some sightseeing? Tell you what: Amarya Shamiyana is the place you want to go. However, to really appreciate it, you should prepare yourself:

First, book your stay at the end of your trip. Plan for no less than three days.
Second, plan a trip through India. Touch down in one of the big airports, say Delhi or Mumbai and be swarmed by the heat, the humidity, the smells (some would say stench), the amount of people and the general rudeness (waiting in line? HA!).

Then book a driver and take your trip north and north-west. See the Taj Mahal and go to Rajastan. Fell the adrenaline rush, as you are driven way to fast through roads, overtaking other cars and trucks with no idea what's ahead, just hoping, praying that the constant use of the drivers horn is enough to warn other cars.

Of course you will have to eat. And because you are open minded, you will try local cuisine. You will love it. All those spices, the thick creamy sauces, the curry’s, everything. Until one day you just have enough. You want a plain, bland Club Sandwich, and the waiter will tell you, while waggling his head, that it is just a few minutes, yes, just a few minutes. And when you finally get it, it will be well seasoned and curry will be the prevailing spice.

But when you think, you can't take it anymore. When the spices and the people and the excuses and the smell and the constant being taken advantage of is too much to bear and you think you crack - then come to Amarya Shamiyana.

Because, first you will the four tents sticking over the barrier of banana leaves. Then, as you get out of the car, you can feel the sand beneath your toes. One of the staff members will greet you - in English, wonderful English, and show you to your tent. It will be everything you want right now - cooled by a fan or an AC, ready to wash away the stench of travel with its rainshower and a big, comfortable bed.

After you unpack - and you notice how you start to relax - you will head down to the beach. It is a 2 minute walk and you will come through La Plage. Ah, La Plage - run as a French cuisine restaurant in the middle of India. Food, wonderful arranged, perfectly seasoned and a long way from everything you have eaten the last few days. They will take care of you, you will sit on the beach, sipping a drink (or more) and you will feel how all the tenseness that built up in the last few days starts gradually melting with the crushing waves that tumble onto the perfect, clean (for India) and flat beach in front of you.

And you will say: Yes. This is what I needed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank Moritz J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandrem
Sur La Mer
#1 of 12 in Mandrem
Rococco Ashvem
Rococco Ashvem
#2 of 6 in Pernem

Been to Amarya Shamiyana? Share your experiences!