Casa d'Calma
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$113
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Hotel Aananda(Mandrem)
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed here xmas 2011. The place is beautiful and has a wonderful situation but the hut itself was a little uncomfortable. The bed was very hard and the pillow very thin. No table outside so nowhere to put books or stuff except the sandy floor. Seems I'm being a bit picky but these are things that could so easily be fixed for little money-it's a shame as everything else is lovely.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We tried to book this by email but the owner insisted on cash in his bank before he would take a booking. We refused and when we arrived in Mandrem we went to Casa D'Calma and checked out the rooms and facilities. We were shown into a hut by a member of staff and, as the owner was not there, we were handed a mobile phone to speak to him. We decided not to stay.

Refusing was the best thing we did. We booked into Dunes next door where we had a similar hut but in an established garden, full reception staffed by a really helpful team, tiled bathroom, access to the beach and beach beds, a restaurant, free wifi all with lots of shade and all for 20-40% less depending on your choice of hut. Casa d'Calma has none of these facilities.

We have since checked out much of the accomodation in Mandrem and Dunes is excellent.

PM me for further details of my experience as I am happy to help fellow travellers.

I suggest that you never pay money up front until you have seen what you are getting. This applies to everything in life not just rooms.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Itcanbedone
Reviewed 3 January 2012

After a few crazy days in Mumbai, Casa d'Calma was just what we needed. The huts were simple, but comfortable. The owner was very laid back and made us feel right at home. The weather was super hot while we were there, but the temperature in the hut stayed relatively comfortable. If it is relaxation you are looking for, Mandrem Beach is the place to stay. Next door at the Dunes Resort there is a pretty good restaurant that serves all types of food, and is a great place to be during sunset. I highly recommend a stay here!

Room Tip: Huts closer to the road have more privacy.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2011

When we arrived the palce next door we booked was depressing so we walked here and loved their cute shacks authentic style decorations... place is on the beach and it was great ... food was good too..hope this problem was fixed because at the time i was there in a week some noises keep waking me up.. rats are not afraid of people there, so they just wandered in our shack all night and one thing kept me awake was that they entered from window just beside my bed and it was so close to me that woke me every time the get in or out... we tried couple times to scare them off but they instead of running away just come closer .. i'm not afraid of rats are afraid of ..me but those pretend to attack me is making me worry not to get bitten, not sure i want to get some of crazy number of infection they can transmit...
but if you don't mind those creatures to share with you a room i'm sure you will enjoy your time in there ...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
AshKal13, Manager at Casa d'Calma, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Please do let me know when exactly did you stay with us? As far as I can remember, you have sent me a booking inquiry few weeks ago requesting accommodation for rooms in Dec 2011 and Jan 2012. You have never stayed at our property, so maybe you confusing us with another property or just posting fraud reviews.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Don't tell anyone, but Casa de Calma is one of the best places on one of goa's best beaches. Lovely location right on the beach, with comfy huts and rooms.

Could use a great in-house restaurant.... the food around there sucks.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank vmiki5goa
AshKal13, Manager at Casa d'Calma, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2011

Thanks buddy!